Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MNR said:
I hope they don't change to the Pinnicle per diem policy.

I talked to the JR DO yesterday and he seemed excited about this policy and wanted to move to it. He said it would reduce a lot of the workload as far as paperwork and booking hotels i.e. moving that load to the pilots.

I kinda agree with not wanting to do this. I know a lot of Pinnacle guys that seek out the Motel 6 and Super 8 for good deals. They stay in crappy hotels so they can bank the extra money. I say give us the $50 day pay and still book us in nice hotels and pay the $36 per diem.

Ya combine crappy Motel 6s and Super 8s with a couple long duty days and I'm trashed. Bottom line is the beds usually leave me with a sore back and a poor nights sleep.

I'm in personal bankrupcy and don't have credit cards. I can't pay for rooms out of my own pocket!
What do I do?
Resign?

Just kidding!!

But what if I am? Is being able to have a credit card with over a Several thousand dollar limit terms of employment. What if my card is maxed out?

Last edited:
JJET44 said:
I'm in personal bankrupcy and don't have credit cards. I can't pay for rooms out of my own pocket!
What do I do?
Resign?

Just kidding!!

But what if I am? Is being able to have a credit card with over a Several thousand dollar limit terms of employment. What if my card is maxed out?

This is probably the reason we have to sign a consent for a credit bureau check in all the forms we received from PA's HR.

Pinnacle HR told me to leave the Credit Report form blank. I don't need people running CR on me when its not necessary.

when we got hired at pa we were given 1k cash for perdiem and then get the checks every friday. So really you are not taking money out of your pocket. but for the other guys we put the grand in savings to collect interest and then use our credit cards to collect the miles.

Congratulations to all the jet ride pilots, I know its a big wieght of yall's shoulders.

I don't stay in Motel 6 or the like. I usually stay in Hilton or the like. Usually the FBO will have negotiated rates with the local hotels. If not, then it's priceline.com. Very rare that I lose out on the per-diem. Yes, race day can cause it's problems in finding a hotel. We just call our CP and tell him what we are faced with and we work out a solution. International to the islands is our biggest issue with per-diem. Sometimes, we need a little help from the office to find a place to stay. Still, I have come out positive each time. Can get a little stressfull trying to find a place to stay. I agree that one shouldn't count on per-diem as income. Bad things happen when you depend on that money as a means to paying your electric bill. There has been mention of a bank card that the office will deposit directly to for each pilot. This way no one has to wait for a check that can and has been lost in the mail. Plus, it is immediate and we won't have to wait until we get home to deposit the checks. I just hope that if this is a way to come then I hope it will be with Bank of America. They have the most branches than any other. Easy for me, too. On line banking makes our lives easier.

I'm sure other changes are in store for both sides. We have gone through quite a few changes here at PA before this became final. I guess for the reason of being prepared for the event of the buy out.

See you guys on the road.

J

Yes I was told today that the PA guys got a bunch of upgraded benifits to bring them on par with what was at Jetride before the final buyout happened. Nothing is going to change in the near future from what I am told except the PA guys will be using Jetride's dispatchers.

I guess we will just see what happens with the per diem and other issues.

Just to clarify the day pay. You must be out on the road over the hour of midnight to collect. If you leave at 6 am and return at 8 pm then no pay. The based guys really take a beating on this. You also must overnight for the per diem, otherwise it is $10 for every meal time that you are out.

The $1050 paid to the pilots up front for per diem in PA's money, not yours. You have to repay this at your departure from the company. It is designed to keep you from living off your dollar too much.

Uniforms are paid for by the pilots. $26 each pay period. PA will replace worn items at no cost.

I don't think JR guys need to worry about PA folks "bidding" anything. Our senority means nothing except for vacation. We hire street captains that are "junior" to FO's.

Welcome aboard Windriders. If you get to ASG we have a great rate at the Extended Stay.

How does basing work at PA? Do pilots live in base? Does company pay for the move? Can you live anywhere and get airlined to the plane for duty? Right now, all JR pilots live in base for the most part, but I none of us want to move. That thought is probably the biggest stress right now.

Latest resources

Back