Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots wearing backpacks??? lets get campy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T-Gates said:
My god...this is the attitude that kills me....

When my schedule gets better...I'll stop wearing the backpack!

When I get paid more....I'll wear my hat!

When they stop Junior Manning me....I'll wear the Jacket!

What ever happened to just STFU and doing your job the way you signed on to do it?

I'm with you man.

If you want to be treated like a professional then look like one.

Guam360 said:
I carry around a back pack, I have been at Comedy air for 6 years.

I have to carry all the books for three online classes I am taking to get hired anywhere.

this thread may go to 4 year degrees...

I carry food in there too, burritos, wraps, tuna, crackers, all the survival stuff.

ohhh, I wear doc boots i bought in Sydney, Australia 15 years ago.

Would that be a Chipolte burrito? You'd need a backpack to carry one of those things. Or at least to carry all the TP you'll need when you're done with it. They are freakin huge but awesome.

Hair-on-Fire said:
I'm with you man.

If you want to be treated like a professional then look like one.

so the reason why we're not treated like professionals by the company is because people started wearing backpacks to work?

what came first? the backpack or the unprofessional treatment?

Dude, like lay off my backpack, dude. I fly a jet, dude, and I can wear whatever I want, dude.

I can't believe someone else cares on how I prefer to carry my over night stuff. I think it looks stupid when people take this huge suitcase for one night of min rest. With that attitude I bet you would complain when I show up to work without underwear on.

Holy Shiite said:
I have a seen what appear to be a few new hires at comair wearing backpacks.
This while in uniform and on the job. Both Pilots were female if that makes any difference? IMO, this is very unprofessional and certainly looks cheezy. Do any other regional airlines allow this? I am sure no majors allow this as part of the "standard" uniform. What's the consensus here? Is it ok to "get campy?" I'm ready to puke. HS

No cheesier than pilots who wear black Doc Martens. Personally, I don't give a $hit on either account. BTW, I carry my axe (guitar for the uninitiated) with me where ever I go. Is that unprofessional?

ATRCAPT said:
BTW, I carry my axe (guitar for the uninitiated) with me where ever I go. Is that unprofessional?

No . . . . just lame.

FWIW, backpacks and other non-standard stuff do make you look unprofessional. Iron your shirt, shine your shoes, stand up straight, and, for God's sake, tuck in those pajamas!

Last edited:
Who cares!!! Just wear the uniform the way you interpret the rules. If your doing something wrong dont worry your CP will probably let you know at some point. I could really care a less how people choose to carry their stuff. Honestly just show up do your job and dont worry about it. Thats what days off are for not worrying about this stuff. If there is no rule against carrying a backpack well guess what there is nothing anyone can do about it. If there is then eventually the person will be addressed one way or another. Most companies really dont seem to care how you choose to carry your stuff. Sorry but I dont think uniform or appearance police is in our job descriptions. I just care about making sure I wear mine right I dont really care if someone else doesnt

While we're at it, why don't we just wear shorts and birkenstocks - it's too hot to be wearing long pants anyway.

Latest resources

Back