• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pdt Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whats the deal with q400, i know its the same type, but is there additional training req'd? quote]

I am pretty sure it is just about a 3 day differences training course.

flyNICKair said:
whats the deal with q400, i know its the same type, but is there additional training req'd? quote]

I am pretty sure it is just about a 3 day differences training course.

When we got the 300s we had a home study test. Then they sent instructors to the bases and did a 3 hour class on the differences. That was it. Expect no more than that from PDT.

PropPiedmont said:
When we got the 300s we had a home study test. Then they sent instructors to the bases and did a 3 hour class on the differences. That was it. Expect no more than that from PDT.

From what I have heard, it's the same type.... However 26 hours worth of study..... I would guess thats mainly for learning the Glass... Not sure.. Only what I heard..

I've been told 2 weeks differences training. The systems may be similar, but the avionics are way different.

lear said:
what did I miss? Basement box guy ? - did someone or several particular ALG capts finally loose it for good and go hairy kary. Please tell.?

I don't know what it was, but there was someone who wanted LGA in SYR but forgot to bid it, an opening coming in OCT, and an error in the awards. For one or a few of these reasons he was able to stay in SYR.

Someone was going to be forced out of SYR for LGA, but MC (SYR) said he would go.

fowingman said:
I highly doubt they would add a second type aircraft CRj to the PDT fleet scheduling already sucks as it is and they dont have to deal with the who can fly which sort of aircraft. whats the deal with q400, i know its the same type, but is there additional training req'd? who all had an APU inop or APU bleed air inop aircraft this past HOT HOT weekend?

I got to fly 907 from PHL/HPN on Saturday. The recirc fan had a catastrophic failure on takeoff. I think I was sweating in my mouth!

Jesus. I think we saw 120+ degrees on the ramp. Yea the APU's dont like to play nice when its that hot out. Hell I sweated at 5am this morning in PGV, APU didnt even wanna work that early. But we had fun returning to the gate TWICE in the same plane (300) due to the cabin heat racing out of control to 70+ degrees C, mech's said it was the pressure switch in the bleeds.

Poor mechanics. Wasnt fun watching them do start after start from the hallway above D4. There goes number one spinning 4.5 seconds after number two started, poor poor little batteries, thought they were going to liquify and dribble onto the ramp.

Nothing was better that day when I was standing in the door way as we deplaned again, and one ticked off guy stopped and mentioned that I just needed to give it a minute to cool off because it was putting out some cold air (APU bleed). Keep walking buddy.

But then I taxi past the B1900 and realize my situation isnt that bad after all. Those poor bastards..............good thing the flight to AHN isnt that long.

check6 said:
I got to fly 907 from PHL/HPN on Saturday. The recirc fan had a catastrophic failure on takeoff. I think I was sweating in my mouth!

With no big gaspers up there, I hope ya'll grounded that POS!

Latest resources

Back