Pdt Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
check6 said:
I got to fly 907 from PHL/HPN on Saturday. The recirc fan had a catastrophic failure on takeoff. I think I was sweating in my mouth!

thats nasty, you should have closed your mouth then, not like that would have kept ya hydrated

I think someone finally refused to fly a -300 because of inop APU. It sat, hot, all day at the top of the Fox gates. MX didn't want anything to do with it 'till it got air hooked up to it.

That may have been the -300 I downed. It wasn't the APU, there was no airflow whatsoever in the back. I think the cabin recirc fan may have been broke, among other things.

Just out of curiosity...how many DHC-8s does PDT have now? Back in my day, it was 55 or so, of various vintages (with 3 small AC vents, 1 small vent, or a small vent and an eyeball upfront).

Is 923HA is running around? How about 906 or 907?

I left way before the -300s, but they had 45 or so -100s (up to around 977, 978 HA or so...maybe in the 98xHA) and 10 -200s (989HA-998HA). Didn't they return a bunch of -200s?

Nu

923 is gone. 906 and 907 are still around. 906 was totally re-done, and is one of the better -100s in my opinion. 907 and 914 are probably the worst.

There are 2 -200s left, and they will be gone soon. Still at 55 aircraft, one spare, one in heavy check according to the company.

skychicken said:
anyone read the daily and see the notes from the cheif pilot asking if we are ready for the news on the 8th???

They'll be handing out free live chickens in SBY while supplies last. Show up early. Limit two-hundred per person.

Last edited:
OPECJet said:
923 is gone. 906 and 907 are still around. 906 was totally re-done, and is one of the better -100s in my opinion. 907 and 914 are probably the worst.

There are 2 -200s left, and they will be gone soon. Still at 55 aircraft, one spare, one in heavy check according to the company.

Yeah, 906...........Too bad they pulled out the nice comfortable captain's side seat and stuck one of those old school steel chair-o-death refurbs in it.

Bummer about the -200s...the were pretty nice. They were brand new when I was at PDT, and it was like night and day with the -100s.

55 AC even after the ALG merger? Man, that stinks. The mantra when I was at PDT was "RJs are right around the corner, and flow through is imminent". That was in 1996.

Nu

skychicken said:
anyone read the daily and see the notes from the cheif pilot asking if we are ready for the news on the 8th???

I actually saw it on the Hub.

There is already a thread going on this topic, but no one has offered a real answer yet, just jokes.

Latest resources

Back