Pdt Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fowingman

anyone hear any thing either positive or negative, and any thing substative, not just speculation, i mean i would guess 2 to 2.5 years left, but i have no hard proof just reasoing based on other info!

Yes, you are getting B717's with express on the side and you will be paid the same rate as Mesa 1900. Or the jets will go to....i dunno pick an airline you hate! Parker will then say it was your fault you are working for those low rates because you signed the contract. The parasite, unethical management group will get a big bonus and you will have to pay more for medical insurance. Plus gas will go to $4/gallon and the reserve pay you make will just cover your transportation costs back and forth to work. Your wife and kids will lose all respect for you and even your parents wish you were the lawn care guy cause at least he has a job that pays the rent. People will start asking if you are doing drugs, your thin, pale, malnourished, tired, unmotivate, and lazy. Passengers will think you are just an overpaid drunk with nothing better to do then just complain.

But no, you are just a regional airline pilot, a managements Pawn.

ex j-41 said:
Yes, you are getting B717's with express on the side and you will be paid the same rate as Mesa 1900. Or the jets will go to....i dunno pick an airline you hate! Parker will then say it was your fault you are working for those low rates because you signed the contract. The parasite, unethical management group will get a big bonus and you will have to pay more for medical insurance. Plus gas will go to $4/gallon and the reserve pay you make will just cover your transportation costs back and forth to work. Your wife and kids will lose all respect for you and even your parents wish you were the lawn care guy cause at least he has a job that pays the rent. People will start asking if you are doing drugs, your thin, pale, malnourished, tired, unmotivate, and lazy. Passengers will think you are just an overpaid drunk with nothing better to do then just complain.

But no, you are just a regional airline pilot, a managements Pawn.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Get another job flying if you hate the pay so much. You're the one who wanted to be Al Haynes rather than Rod Machado.

PDT will either end up getting those 400s everyone's been talking about, or we'll be in the unemployment line within 2 yrs.

If the rate of things breaking and not getting fixed is any indicator, the writing is on the wall.

Taken from the SEC website...

The Debtors' flight operations encompass the "mainline" operations of
USAI, as well as the operations of four wholly owned subsidiaries of Group that
operate or are projected to operate commuter aircraft as US Airways Express
carriers ("Express"). The Projections assume an operating fleet plan of 279
aircraft for USAI's operations for 2003 through 2009, with the introduction of
29 regional jets by the Express carriers in 2003, increasing to 168 regional
jets by the end of 2009. The elimination of the entire turboprop fleet of the
Express carriers is to be completed by the end of 2008.

But they also said.....

AVIATION FUEL: Increases in the number of flights by regional jets
accounts for the increase in fuel costs throughout the projection period. The
crude oil price is assumed to be $27 per barrel in 2003 and $25 per barrel in
2004 and thereafter (excluding tax).

And these people make how much?
http://www.secinfo.com/dsvR3.v15v.htm

I sincerely hope PDT survives but who knows these days... It will all come down to economics and customers' ability to put up with delapidated aircraft - although economics will matter far more...

I have always admired the mighty Dash 8 - it looks fun to fly and very durable (you can crunch it a bit on landings and not worry too much)...

As far as I know, the turboprops gone bby 2008 was a Seigal thing. The leases on the -300s except for 1 or 2 were extended through 2009.

Signs are pointing to that 2008 thing as being null and void.

In many markets those Dash 8's are full to the brim. Why shut down a good thing? Oh...wait....U management often does that.

OK, I give it three years. You'll be integrated with PSA into a new WO, called: PSPDAT. It will stand for nothing in particular. The employees will fight. The wages will plummet. Morale won't be a factor, as there will be none. Management will party like it's Fall of 2001!

Then of course there is the fact that the pilot contract becomes amendable in 2009. Expect management to being the "concessions or we die" rain dance.

Whatever, I really would rather close the doors than accept another concessionary contract.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Latest resources

Back