Pdt Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G2T said:
So what's the good word after Farrows new memo talking about new airplanes? Anyone heard any good news about that other than what was posted?

read it carefully, he says things in such a fashion that could be a setup for trying to say we need to do something extra to get the planes in a later memo, which isn't surprising, but that weasel can go stuff it

dashjockey said:
read it carefully, he says things in such a fashion that could be a setup for trying to say we need to do something extra to get the planes in a later memo, which isn't surprising, but that weasel can go stuff it

That would be par for the course. But with US Airways (who pays the bills anyhow) making a profit for the second straight quarter, the arguement for a concessionary type agreement would get stale very quickly, and I think they know that. Steve wouldn't be Steve if he didn't try.

On the flip side, that letter is exactly what many pilots have asked Steve to do for sometime, which is to spell out his percieved future for the airline. He is going out on a limb saying we are actively pursuing new aircraft, albeit a very short limb. In the 6.5 years I have been here, this is the first instance I can recall that management has spelled any plan at all out in writing.

My point? It is a small step, but an important one all the same. There is a little room for optimism here. It'll be interesting to see what actually occurs.

BeCareful! said:
Wow, you get to taxi from the right seat in the West? Or does just having the tiller there comfort you?

You tell me..you're the one with the "tiller fixation". Just look how many times you have mentioned it in your posts.:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

ParrotheadPilot said:
Had to do PHL-PHF the other day in 935 or 940 (can't remember). After it sat on the ramp for an hour or so (we were late arriving on a previous flight) we fired the apu up and the bleed air kept kicking the dang thing off. We ventured a guess at 120 in the cabin and 130 degrees in the cockpit. We refused the aircraft but dispatch wanted us to run the engines to see if it would work since the flight was full both ways. Finally cooled down a bit after running the engines for 30 mins and after that having an air conditioning cart blow 85 degree air into the cabin. We had a thermometer and it read 90 degrees in the cabin, and this is about 2 hours late already. We all decided to give it a whirl and about 40 miles from PHF I finally stopped sweating....I'll never do that again.

Wait....PHL had an air conditioning cart? At the F gates?!?!?!?

BoilerUP said:
Wait....PHL had an air conditioning cart? At the F gates?!?!?!?

A PHL air conditioning cart is 6 hookers blowing across a bucket of ice.

I left PDT in 2003 and I remember flying to PHF from PHL and actually felt the last FO's sweat leaving my seat into my rear. Hope you get new aircraft.

OPECJet said:
A PHL air conditioning cart is 6 hookers blowing across a bucket of ice.

See! Doug said we were getting more equipment in PHL. It used to be 4 militant muslim rampers torching the manager's car- because that's just ice cold.

WSurf said:
They pulled one apart and found a shi$ load of holes in the duckin everywhere!!!

I had 942 the other day.... Nice and cold in the back for the Pax.... Up front was a joke..... no air!!! It was grounded!! I thought my FO and I were gonna pass out.....

Thank God for a quick thinking FA!!! Anita S. brings us 2 big bags of ICE... After we used our valuable USA Today to Cover every piece of window we proceeded with holding the bags of ice on our heads until we again had a normal body temp!!!! Lovely, Just Lovely!!!!

God, I don't miss that Shiite at all!!

That's gettin' serious when you have to sacrifice the paper to cover the windows!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back