Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
twighead said:
I actually saw it on the Hub.

There is already a thread going on this topic, but no one has offered a real answer yet, just jokes.

Well, whatever it is, I hope my ex-bros at PDT get some good news for a change...its been down hill for PDT since FloridaGulf (Mesa) first started flying in FL.

Nu

LowlyPropCapt said:
That may have been the -300 I downed. It wasn't the APU, there was no airflow whatsoever in the back. I think the cabin recirc fan may have been broke, among other things.

Did SBY make a big deal out of it?

LowlyPropCapt said:
That may have been the -300 I downed. It wasn't the APU, there was no airflow whatsoever in the back. I think the cabin recirc fan may have been broke, among other things.

They pulled one apart and found a shi$ load of holes in the duckin everywhere!!!

I had 942 the other day.... Nice and cold in the back for the Pax.... Up front was a joke..... no air!!! It was grounded!! I thought my FO and I were gonna pass out.....

Thank God for a quick thinking FA!!! Anita S. brings us 2 big bags of ICE... After we used our valuable USA Today to Cover every piece of window we proceeded with holding the bags of ice on our heads until we again had a normal body temp!!!! Lovely, Just Lovely!!!!

doug_or said:
Sounds like a good t-shirt slogan....

or maybe a sticker. Pilots love stickers.

Now that's a fantastic idea! Imagine... A sticker with a Dash 8 in the blue USX paint... On the border of the sticker would be written "Dash 8- Too Hot For Revenue Service!"

What a trip! Anyone good at making stickers?

Had to do PHL-PHF the other day in 935 or 940 (can't remember). After it sat on the ramp for an hour or so (we were late arriving on a previous flight) we fired the apu up and the bleed air kept kicking the damn thing off. We ventured a guess at 120 in the cabin and 130 degrees in the cockpit. We refused the aircraft but dispatch wanted us to run the engines to see if it would work since the flight was full both ways. Finally cooled down a bit after running the engines for 30 mins and after that having an air conditioning cart blow 85 degree air into the cabin. We had a thermometer and it read 90 degrees in the cabin, and this is about 2 hours late already. We all decided to give it a whirl and about 40 miles from PHF I finally stopped sweating....I'll never do that again.

So what's the good word after Farrows new memo talking about new airplanes? Anyone heard any good news about that other than what was posted?

That memo sounded as vague as anything else. "US needs us, we need them, we need planes, we have no money"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back