• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PCL off the Runway in TVC--no injuries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well are'nt you just the sh!t! It's to bad you were'nt on that flight to save the day because apparently everyone else just blindly does whatever dispatch tells us to! Do you really think he landed because he was afraid of dispatch!!?

Get over yourself!

I never said he did. My point was the numerous other people on this thread talking about being afraid to tell dispatch no.

Braking action was reported good last night in TVC at the time of the incident with MU readings of 40 all the way down the runway.

The question is... how accurate are those reports?

A wise old airman once told me that the last 1,000ft of a Runway is always going to be the slickest due to the fact that there will be a bunch of leftover tire rubber in the grooves from years aircraft landing the oposite direction in the touchdown zone.

Just my .02

14RF SUX

I just read eight pages of mostly wrong comments about what happened. When the final report comes out do you guy admit being wrong or do you just rely on your posts being buried 200 pages back?

How about starting a list of all the dumb "events" that Pinnacle has had in it's history. You folks have a corporate culture of poor decision making.

How about starting a list of all the dumb "events" that Pinnacle has had in it's history. You folks have a corporate culture of poor decision making.

I consider it "poor decision making" to post something like that.

Every airline in existence has experienced "poor decision making" by pilots.

Perhaps if you had the grapes to post the name of your airline and your position, we could start a list of dumb "events" there.

But you won't.

Troll.

I know the CA involved in this crash... flew with him several times when I was an FO. He's one of the smartest, most skilled, and most methodical pilots I've ever flown with. I have all the respect in the world for him. This is certainly not going to be a "dude" incident.

Something about this stinks of poor/unreliable runway friction readings and a short runway. We all know how terrible the winter precip/contamination measurements can be at smaller airports.

Those of you trying to give 9E crap about running off the end of a runway... remember NWA puts at least one DC-9 off the runway in one of the northern midwest states every winter.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but NWA has put a dc-9 off that runway maybe twice in the last ten years during the winter there. Immediately after one of the incidents, it seemed NWA took issue with tower not being open for a late arrival and/or innaccurate/insufficient braking action reports from the tower. I imagine landing a dc-9 on a 6500' contaminated runway is pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back