Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BREAKING NEWS
NWA AIRLINK JET SKIDS OFF RUNWAY AT TRAVERSE CITY AIRPORT

A Northwest Airlines Airlink Pinnacale Airline passenger jet skids off the runway at 12:45 a.m. at Cherry Capital Airport in Traverse City. Northwest flight 4712 originated in Minneapolis. Airport officials say the nose landing gear collapsed and the plane is currently 300 feet off the runway. An airline spokesman says crew members report that the brakes weren't working when the jet landed. 7&4 news has been told there were 50 passengers and 3 crew members there were no injuries. the airport is waiting to hear from the FAA about whether they can move the plane. The Traverse City Airport opened at 6:20 a.m. Thursday. One passenger told 7&4 reporter Bill Froehlich that the plane landed hard, tipped to the side and a wing tip dragged along the runway as the plane slid down the runway to a stop. 7&4 News will follow this story through out the day and have updates on 7&4 News at 5, 6 and 11 p.m. newscasts.

http://www.tv7-4.com/Global/story.asp?S=6359182

From NWA's FliFo:

Departs: Minneapolis/St. Paul-Int'l, MN (MSP) Arrives: Traverse City, MI ( TVC )

Departure Date: April 11 Arrival Date: April 12

Gate: A3 Gate: 2

Scheduled: 8:30PM Scheduled: 10:51PM

Actual: 9:44PM Actual: 12:43AM

Aircraft: CRJ Weather: TVC

Note: Delayed due to non-scheduled maintenance.
Flight landed at 12:43AM but has not arrived gate.

Just got into TVC this morning and took a look at this spectacle! Go figure I left the camera in the truck today... guess thats what happens with 600 hour... nvm.

As usual the news people got it wrong. Pinnacle reported in a press release that the crew reported "no braking action". We know what that means but the average news person does not.

Anyone who has flown into TVC knows that it's a short runway with awful weather and a bunch of towers just NW of the field. Why don't we all just relax and wait to find out the cause?

Anyone who has flown into TVC knows that it's a short runway with awful weather and a bunch of towers just NW of the field. Why don't we all just relax and wait to find out the cause?

That's what I was thinking. I used to fly Brakillyas in there in a previous life and it was short then.

Used to take a Chieftain in and out of there everyday. Not an airport I'd want to take an RJ into or out of five months out of the year.

Glad to hear everyone is okay.

There used to be a webcam at TVC, but I don't have the link anymore and I can't find it on google. Any WMU students out there have the link?

Latest resources

Back