• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PCL ALPA sues Pinnacle Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This negotiations process is total bull********************.

Do you contribute to ALPA-PAC? That's how we'll get the process fixed.

I have not heard of one pac cent trying to remove us from the confines of the RLA.

PAC money is used to contribute to candidates that are pro-pilot. If we get enough of them into office, then we can effect change. ALPA is currently working to fix the bankruptcy system that allowed the airlines to use section 1113(c) to gut labor contracts. You can go to the ALPA web site to view Captain Prater's recent testimony on the issue. Hopefully they will be successful in bringing change on that issue, and if enough pro-pilot candidates are elected, then RLA change could be next.

Any wise person in the stock game should be shorting Pinnacle stock at this very moment...with rising fuel costs and a labor issue that will continue, there is definetly profit to be made.!!!

The problem is that many of the "pro-labor" candidates are "pro labor donation" candidates and there is a big big difference. In 2002 I was told that the president ordering the longshoreman back to work under the Taft-Hartley Act was the only thing that could be done because labor had no business shutting down the shipment of goods. BTW this was said to me by a former Democratic Second Lady.

The problem is that many of the "pro-labor" candidates are "pro labor donation" candidates and there is a big big difference. In 2002 I was told that the president ordering the longshoreman back to work under the Taft-Hartley Act was the only thing that could be done because labor had no business shutting down the shipment of goods. BTW this was said to me by a former Democratic Second Lady.

FYI.

The longshoremen you speak of were locked out by their employer. Labor did not shut the docks down. Management greed did.

There's no doubt that some candidates only pay lip service, but most of them will honor their commitments to their contributors more than they will to their constituents. Politicians are all about money. They need campaign contributions to keep their job and their power, and power is more important to them than anything. We need to play the game. The former (D) second lady wasn't a politician trying to score votes and stay in power. Candidates running for office are. Our PAC money can help "persuade" them that the cause of the professional air line pilot is a worthy one. Will we occasionally blow money on someone that ends up stabbing us in the back? Sure. But you have to play the game. BTW, I got your PM. I'll give you a call tomorrow assuming I don't get called to fly.

I personally don't agree with PAC. I'd rather have politicians that are going to keep me from getting blown up. FWIW it's not just ALPA PAC I don't agree with it's all of them. I wouldn't contribute when I was IAM either.

If you donate a bunch of money to "pro pilot" politicians, you will have to deal with their anti-liberty agenda.

What good is a higher pay rate if they raise your income tax, gas tax, sales tax, property tax, etc?

If you donate a bunch of money to "pro pilot" politicians, you will have to deal with their anti-liberty agenda.

What good is a higher pay rate if they raise your income tax, gas tax, sales tax, property tax, etc?

I'd say it's about time to give the other team a go.
Gas is expensive as is, inflated primarily by hawks beating the wardrum- again! Also, the federal government doesn't touch the sales tax or property tax.

One more thing, Republicans have hardly been libertarians these days... but I wouldn't say that too loudly on the phone.

Latest resources

Back