• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PCL ALPA sues Pinnacle Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesaba 2425 has always been a pimple on the arse of flightinfo, hasn't been around for a while and he does not represent Mesaba in any way, shape, or form. Give 'em hell 9E guys and gals!

MM
Its really quite simple, do some data mining and find out who he is, get em fired, plain and simple, he is the enemy and must be flushed back to the Carls JR where he/it belongs!
Fukk em
PBR

So far, your right. The company has been willing to pay Northwest whatever the performance penalty would be instead of paying their pilots a decent contract. Do you see a pattern about how management works with/treats their pilots?

Here's my question...

Can the judge unilaterally declare the company is bargaining in bad faith and allow both parties to enter a cooling off period? Basically doing an end run around the NMB?

This seems to be the biggest question in my mind. Anyone have any good intel?

I don't know if the fuel issue would work with Pinnacle. The new Airline Services Agreement states that NWA pays for all of the fuel. At this point you have to wonder in the guys in the palace would rather pay the penalties to NW than get a contract.

I don't have my meeting notes in front of me, but my recollection is that the new ASA did the exact opposite. Under the old ASA, NWA paid for all fuel costs, with performance penalties if Pinnacle exceeded their goals. Under the new ASA, Pinnacle has to pay for fuel and training costs, which were both new expenses for them.

Can the judge unilaterally declare the company is bargaining in bad faith and allow both parties to enter a cooling off period? Basically doing an end run around the NMB?

This seems to be the biggest question in my mind. Anyone have any good intel?

I believe ALPA Legal's interpretation is that a federal judge can declare a breach of status quo, therefore negating the process under the RLA, and releasing both parties to self help.

The fuel issue is a great idea to a solution, but as someone said earlier, it only works if EVERYONE is doing it. After working at a different regional before coming to pncl, i noticed how afraid management has made the pilot group feel. Don't get me wrong there are a ton of great guys/gals there, but i have never seen so many people in fear of a company that treats them like shiat. don't forget that you are the pilots!! take as much gas you want, burn as much gas as you want, drop the gear when you want, run the apu when you want. it's your plane, this is your time and your chance!

NWA pays for the fuel.

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/061222/pncl8-k.html

Under Restructured Economics:

First, Northwest will provide jet fuel to Pinnacle at no charge to Pinnacle, and fuel will be removed as a revenue and expense item from Pinnacle's statement of operations. As fuel will no longer be an expense item, Pinnacle will no longer receive its target margin on fuel expense.

Last edited:
That's even better. Why not have a little sh1t roll downhill from Lone Oak Pkwy? Even the most stubborn children need to have the parents come in and say "break it up."

Thanks for posting that. I don't know why I was thinking otherwise. It's been a while since I've looked at any of those notes.

PCL, you were probably thinking that because there was a change to how fuel expense is handled

9E used to get a margin on fuel, now it does not.

Turbo

It'll be interesting to listen to this Nov. 1 Q3 Earnings Call. The last serveral times the investors have asked about our pilot shortage PT replys that we don't have a shortage. Everything is peachy.

Well of course we don't have a pilot shortage. Operating with half the staffing it takes to run a quality airline and paying us 20-30% below industry average is the Pinnacle way.

Here's an idea. Put together a 2-weeks notice and get all 1400 of our pilots to sign it with a note saying we'll rescind the notice if we get a TA. This negotiations process is total bull********************.

Latest resources

Back