Organization Of Black Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Triple B,

I think you might be a fun guy to drink beers with. I cannot understand why you always come across as a big league tool when you post.

We already have an organization of white airline pilots. They just screwed up the acronym. It is called ALPA.

I would also be up for a new organization called something like Blue Collar Pilots Association. Seems like every buys their jobs these days.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner folks! The most horrible post of the year so far!

This thread is just sad. The guy was just looking for someone to go into an inner city school to talk to impoverished black kids about becoming a pilot. Oh, the horrors. :rolleyes:

For a smart guy, you can be pretty dumb sometimes.

Wow, this is just unbelievable.

How many people here who are opposed to OBAP have actually been to a meeting, convention, sponsored event, or heck even seen it on video?

How can you call an organization racist if you don't even know what it's really about? The comparisons of OBAP to any racist organization is flat out wrong. The KKK has repeatedly spit its messages of hate. The Arians, nazis organizations, etc. You know where these people stand.

So you just call it a racist organization because this is what you want to believe opposed to doing some research.

Lastly, when was the last time AOPA, AIR Inc., ALPA or any other alphabet group decided to visit or mentor pilots from inner city or predominantly non-caucasian schools?

Growing up I NEVER saw any of those groups in my school or in any others. OBAP was there.

There is a gap in the system and OBAP seeks to fill that gap.

I am all for someone starting OWAP. Good luck getting members not because of being labeled racist, but it would collapse due to a lack of funding because the market is already flooded with such organizations already (AIR Inc., AOPA, etc.).

Simply put, when the other organizations start actively recruiting and mentoring in ALL segments of the population equally there will no longer be a need for OBAP.

The guy getting the most votes for President is black. The most votes of ANYBODY in either party is black.

His strongest demographic is the black voter -- followed by HIGHLY EDUCATED WHITE PEOPLE!!!! (the smart white people want nothing to do with Hillary)

So where does it end? Is this not proof positive that the need for affirmative action is over? My message to the welfare and reparations crowd after Obama wins is this - if a black man can be president of the most powerful nation in the world, then there are no excuses left.

This may finally be a chance to move past all of this crap.

PIPE

To clarify, I don't support affirmative action at all. But affirmative action has nothing to do with OBAP or the original intent of this thread.

Wow, this is just unbelievable.

How many people here who are opposed to OBAP have actually been to a meeting, convention, sponsored event, or heck even seen it on video?

How can you call an organization racist if you don't even know what it's really about? The comparisons of OBAP to any racist organization is flat out wrong. The KKK has repeatedly spit its messages of hate. The Arians, nazis organizations, etc. You know where these people stand.

So you just call it a racist organization because this is what you want to believe opposed to doing some research.

Lastly, when was the last time AOPA, AIR Inc., ALPA or any other alphabet group decided to visit or mentor pilots from inner city or predominantly non-caucasian schools?

Growing up I NEVER saw any of those groups in my school or in any others. OBAP was there.

There is a gap in the system and OBAP seeks to fill that gap.

I am all for someone starting OWAP. Good luck getting members not because of being labeled racist, but it would collapse due to a lack of funding because the market is already flooded with such organizations already (AIR Inc., AOPA, etc.).

Simply put, when the other organizations start actively recruiting and mentoring in ALL segments of the population equally there will no longer be a need for OBAP.

I went to a lily-white rural high school. No one ever came to tell us about being a pilot. Was that because we were white? Or did OBAP not give a presentation because we are white? Woe is me. We had to figure it out ON OUR OWN!!!

PIPE

The guy getting the most votes for President is black. The most votes of ANYBODY in either party is black.

His strongest demographic is the black voter -- followed by HIGHLY EDUCATED WHITE PEOPLE!!!! (the smart white people want nothing to do with Hillary)

So where does it end? Is this not proof positive that the need for affirmative action is over? My message to the welfare and reparations crowd after Obama wins is this - if a black man can be president of the most powerful nation in the world, then there are no excuses left.

This may finally be a chance to move past all of this crap.

PIPE

Pipe, that is too simplistic. It is much broader than "whites voting for a black candidate." If you think this indicates the eradication of racism and prejudice in this country, there's a bridge for sale with your name on it.

Pipe, that is too simplistic. It is much broader than "whites voting for a black candidate." If you think this indicates the eradication of racism and prejudice in this country, there's a bridge for sale with your name on it.

What exactly is your "non simplistic" formula for figuring out when the "eradication of racism and prejudice in this country" has occurred?

It sure as hell won't happen as long as there is an OBAP or any organization whose existence is defined by racial differences.

Can I get the government to spot me a low-interest loan for this bridge? Maybe some sort of a tax incentive program for the disadvantaged? Or maybe I could get this bridge from you without a fair bid if I hire a bunch of minorities at my bridge company.

I will look into it and get back to you.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back