• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Organization Of Black Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If all you need is a pilot, why on earth did you find it necessary for that specific thread title?

obviously fishing for a sucker. you got me.

Why not put on your pilot uniform...jumpseat to DTW and travel to the inner city and represent?

I don't think you have the character nor the ability to control your fear to do so.....

You don't have to be a female to belong to WIA, you don't have to be white to belong to OPAP.

Did you mean "you dont have to be black to belong to OBAP"? Just curious.

Why not put on your pilot uniform...jumpseat to DTW and travel to the inner city and represent?

I don't think you have the character nor the ability to control your fear to do so.....

You don't have to be a female to belong to WIA, you don't have to be white to belong to OPAP.
Rez:
Don't waste your time....
This is the same idiot posting as tanker clown. He isn't even a pilot. Do yourself a favor and put him on your ignore list along with tanker clown.

The title of this thread implies that one specific demographic of pilot is preferred for this requirement.

Isn't that racism?

Let me explain something to you. I wrote this in a post last night but it got deleted. I grew up in Detroit on the Northwest side of the city. Almost everyone around me worked for GM, Ford, and Chrysler. That's all most folks knew.....working the floor on the auto plant. I had never met a pilot in my life and quite honestly, didn't know that was something I could do.

I didn't know of, or heard one story about Black airline pilots. I would never be able to explain enough in just words how you could be in an environment that puts you in a place where you feel like you only have a few options. I don't think most folks on this board would be able to understand what the "cycle" is and exactly how hard it is to break that "cycle".

It took meeting a pilot, that happened to be a member of OBAP, who had come from the same background as I did, to really understand that that career path was something that was available to me and something I could succeed at. I was 17 years old at the time and have been a member of OBAP ever since.

So, in short, jke, quite being an idiot. If you want to go talk to kids in school in Detroit, go right ahead. It's not racist at all for someone to ask for a pilot from OBAP to talk to kids at schools in Detroit. If anything, it would be extremely beneficial for kids to actually see and talk to someone like them that "made it".

My child's Teacher is interested in having a Pilot present to a 2nd grade class during Black History Month. Our shhool is located in the northeast suburbs of Detroit. If anyone has any availability, please PM me and we can share details.

Thanks

I'll PM you by tonight psycho.

The title of this thread implies that one specific demographic of pilot is preferred for this requirement.

Isn't that racism?

Go place your vote for Huckabe or Romney. Your so stupid on so many levels I can't even respond to your posts.

My vote for Hillary keeps meaning more the more you talk.

My child's Teacher is interested in having a Pilot present to a 2nd grade class during Black History Month. Our shhool is located in the northeast suburbs of Detroit. If anyone has any availability, please PM me and we can share details.

Thanks

Hey bro,

I am a member have been for over 12 yrs and was was born and raised in Dtown so I know my way around. I moved away in the 90's but my family still lives there. I think I have a DTW trip this month let me check and get back to you. Just as long as I can do it while I'm on my trip I would be glad to.

I do these a couple of times a year and the last one I brought several of my friends all members from different airlines.

WD

Latest resources

Back