One Rate for Comair? Thanx SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JI Gone OH said:
They agreed to fly 70 seaters for 50 seat rates though, didn't they?

I did not, nor did a majority of the pilots on property at this time. SkyWest has hired almost a thousand pilots since that vote was taken, out of a total pilot group of only about 2,200. Many lessons have been learned since then. Many things have changed. The last vote overwhelmingly in the negative was hopefully only the beginning.

Best of luck to you guys in your current battle, though.

We all need it...

JI Gone OH said:
They agreed to fly 70 seaters for 50 seat rates though, didn't they?

Didn't you agree to a pay freeze with the assuption of getting more jets? Pot calling the kettle black?

Don't feel like the only ones. I'm sure our management will want us to fly our ARJ's for 50 seat rates, and our Saabs for Metroliner rates. Of course that is with no work rules. Guess we all are in for a rough ride.

jehtplane said:
Didn't you agree to a pay freeze with the assuption of getting more jets? Pot calling the kettle black?

Yeah, 4 years after everyone else in the DCI system agreed to underbid us. What should we do, continue to tell Mgmt. to pack sand..... Alone? Get real.

N590MA said:
Don't feel like the only ones. I'm sure our management will want us to fly our ARJ's for 50 seat rates, and our Saabs for Metroliner rates. Of course that is with no work rules. Guess we all are in for a rough ride.

My sentiments to you guys as well. I know we're not alone...

JI Gone OH said:
Yeah, 4 years after everyone else in the DCI system agreed to underbid us. What should we do, continue to tell Mgmt. to pack sand..... Alone? Get real.

Uh, the ASA pilot group was approached with an offer of a pay freeze and we told management to go pound dirt. If ASA was able to win the RFP which they did, which I am sure DCI knew where those airplanes were going anyway, the ASA pilot group gave nothing!... I do wish you all the best.

jehtplane said:
Uh, the ASA pilot group was approached with an offer of a pay freeze and we told management to go pound dirt. If ASA was able to win the RFP which they did, which I am sure DCI knew where those airplanes were going anyway, the ASA pilot group gave nothing!... I do wish you all the best.

You won the RFP (along with SKYW and CHQ) because you were cheaper than we were, regardless how you voted on the freeze. It's that simple.

Last edited:
JI Gone OH said:
You won the RFP (along with SKWY and CHQ) because you were cheaper than we were, regardless how you voted on the freeze. It's that simple.

Sounds like poor management to me, and I thought ours was bad, still not Skywest's fault. anyway good luck to you folks just the same.

Latest resources

Back