• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

One Rate for Comair? Thanx SkyWest

JI Gone OH

Scope is NOT for Sale
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Posts
180
Total Time
10000
Management's proposal was just released. They are offering one rate for all equipment (Turbojets), from 40-100 seats, and they are LOW! (below industry average). An insincere thank you to the group from SLC!!
 

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Posts
882
Total Time
~5k
Well, vote no then...
 

Tim47SIP

Serving for the USofA
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Posts
1,157
Total Time
10,000
Not good!

JUST SAY NO!

There, that will fix it :puke:
 

JI Gone OH

Scope is NOT for Sale
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Posts
180
Total Time
10000
Tim47SIP said:
JUST SAY NO!

There, that will fix it :puke:

Now there's a great idea.... I don't think we get a vote in Chapter 11! Why are we the only one's that are supposed to say no, anyway? Why has everyone else caved since 2001? (and don't give me the 9/11 excuse).
 
Last edited:

Sinca3

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 10, 2001
Posts
666
Total Time
unknwn
Well with rates that low you can almost guarantee you will underbid everyone else in the DCI system! So, you might actually see 90-100 seaters. Sorry to hear you folks are getting this $hit shoved in your face...........
Good Luck
 

V-1

Well-known member
Joined
May 24, 2002
Posts
520
Total Time
8000
Sinca3 said:
Well with rates that low you can almost guarantee you will underbid everyone else in the DCI system! So, you might actually see 90-100 seaters. Sorry to hear you folks are getting this $hit shoved in your face...........
Good Luck

Thanks for your support.
 

Shrek

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Posts
1,640
Total Time
10000
JI Gone OH said:
Now there's a great idea.... I don't think we get a vote in Chapter 11! Why are we the only one's that are supposed to say no, anyway? Why has everyone else caved since 2001? (and don't give me the 9/11 excuse).

TSA voted no bubba......
 

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Posts
882
Total Time
~5k
SkyWest just did as well...

80% participation: 71% No, 29% Yes.
 

CFIT

Gimme your money
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Posts
821
Total Time
1:51pm
JI Gone OH said:
Management's proposal was just released. They are offering one rate for all equipment (Turbojets), from 40-100 seats, and they are LOW! (below industry average). An insincere thank you to the group from SLC!!


Relax, slip into something comfortable.

Maybe your thong is on too tight.

Maybe you have period puffiness.
 

JI Gone OH

Scope is NOT for Sale
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Posts
180
Total Time
10000
Rogue5 said:
SkyWest just did as well...

80% participation: 71% No, 29% Yes.

They agreed to fly 70 seaters for 50 seat rates though, didn't they?
 
Last edited:

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Posts
882
Total Time
~5k
JI Gone OH said:
They agreed to fly 70 seaters for 50 seat rates though, didn't they?

I did not, nor did a majority of the pilots on property at this time. SkyWest has hired almost a thousand pilots since that vote was taken, out of a total pilot group of only about 2,200. Many lessons have been learned since then. Many things have changed. The last vote overwhelmingly in the negative was hopefully only the beginning.

Best of luck to you guys in your current battle, though.

We all need it...
 

jehtplane

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Posts
709
Total Time
8500+
JI Gone OH said:
They agreed to fly 70 seaters for 50 seat rates though, didn't they?



Didn't you agree to a pay freeze with the assuption of getting more jets? Pot calling the kettle black?
 

N590MA

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Posts
56
Total Time
plenty
Don't feel like the only ones. I'm sure our management will want us to fly our ARJ's for 50 seat rates, and our Saabs for Metroliner rates. Of course that is with no work rules. Guess we all are in for a rough ride.
 

JI Gone OH

Scope is NOT for Sale
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Posts
180
Total Time
10000
jehtplane said:
Didn't you agree to a pay freeze with the assuption of getting more jets? Pot calling the kettle black?

Yeah, 4 years after everyone else in the DCI system agreed to underbid us. What should we do, continue to tell Mgmt. to pack sand..... Alone? Get real.
 

JI Gone OH

Scope is NOT for Sale
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Posts
180
Total Time
10000
N590MA said:
Don't feel like the only ones. I'm sure our management will want us to fly our ARJ's for 50 seat rates, and our Saabs for Metroliner rates. Of course that is with no work rules. Guess we all are in for a rough ride.

My sentiments to you guys as well. I know we're not alone...
 

jehtplane

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Posts
709
Total Time
8500+
JI Gone OH said:
Yeah, 4 years after everyone else in the DCI system agreed to underbid us. What should we do, continue to tell Mgmt. to pack sand..... Alone? Get real.


Uh, the ASA pilot group was approached with an offer of a pay freeze and we told management to go pound dirt. If ASA was able to win the RFP which they did, which I am sure DCI knew where those airplanes were going anyway, the ASA pilot group gave nothing!... I do wish you all the best.
 

JI Gone OH

Scope is NOT for Sale
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Posts
180
Total Time
10000
jehtplane said:
Uh, the ASA pilot group was approached with an offer of a pay freeze and we told management to go pound dirt. If ASA was able to win the RFP which they did, which I am sure DCI knew where those airplanes were going anyway, the ASA pilot group gave nothing!... I do wish you all the best.

You won the RFP (along with SKYW and CHQ) because you were cheaper than we were, regardless how you voted on the freeze. It's that simple.
 
Last edited:

jehtplane

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Posts
709
Total Time
8500+
JI Gone OH said:
You won the RFP (along with SKWY and CHQ) because you were cheaper than we were, regardless how you voted on the freeze. It's that simple.



Sounds like poor management to me, and I thought ours was bad, still not Skywest's fault. anyway good luck to you folks just the same.
 
Top