• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One Rate for Comair? Thanx SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before blaming SKYW you might want to consider the fact your parent company is in bankruptcy and your counterparts at mainline DAL may soon be flying left seat in narrowbody jets for less than what a senior SKY captain makes.

Thinks where rates might have been if it wasn't for PFT. Can't blame that one on SKYW.

Rogue5 said:
SkyWest just did as well...

80% participation: 71% No, 29% Yes.

That's PATHETIC. Amost 1/3rd of your pilot group!!!!! Looks like the senior guys are looking out for the junior ones.

Dont try to put this on SKywest just because they arent ALPA or represented by any other union. Mesaba F/o has one payscale and PSA has a blended rate, but its much worse than Skywest's.

Dave Benjamin said:
Before blaming SKYW you might want to consider the fact your parent company is in bankruptcy and your counterparts at mainline DAL may soon be flying left seat in narrowbody jets for less than what a senior SKY captain makes.

Thinks where rates might have been if it wasn't for PFT. Can't blame that one on SKYW.

Say what? Are you sure about that Dave? Airlinepilotpay.com says your 18 year Captains make $93 an hour. Even after our pay cuts (proposed 19.5%), I will still make about $125 an hour (a lot lower than the $160 an hour it is now) on the MD88 as a Captain. Get your facts straight. Oh, are you talking about the 100 seaters? Oh, those narrowbodies. Well, the USAir/AWA rates for the E190 are about $98 an hour, so we may have some negotiating room there. We shall see.

Bye Bye--General Lee

meatwallet said:
That's PATHETIC. Amost 1/3rd of your pilot group!!!!! Looks like the senior guys are looking out for the junior ones.

Don't be soo sure. I'm 100 from the bottom of the list and I voted no.

USC328 said:
Don't be soo sure. I'm 100 from the bottom of the list and I voted no.

of course you did, cause that's what, like $0.20 raise?

80% voted (out of 2000+), and a third said yes! Simply disgusting.

We may have these rates forced upon us by the judge but that doesn't mean we have to accept them. You guys can attack SKYW pilots all you want but if we fly for these rates, we are truly scum. At least their blended rate is reasonable...this is ridiculous.

The proposed scale is absolutely bottom of the industry. It is equivalent to Mesa's 70 seat scale, but at least they can move up to the 900 and make a little more. I will walk before I fly one hour in a jet for this kind of money.

Until now, I have given Fred the benefit of the doubt. Now, I'd love to give him a kick in the nuts. I have almost three years in and can start over somewhere else. I had hoped not to but this will force my hand. I feel extremely sorry for the older guys who really have nowhere to go and just wanted to stick it out for their last years.

These proposed rates really bite, there's no question about that... however this is just round one. I suspect (hope) our union will get the information they need and then counter. This blended rate really favors the 50 seat jet. If we are to eventually get larger scale aircraft (70 and above) to replace the 50 then this rate is a double whammy for us and a huge benefit for the company! I am sure our union is well aware of this (?).

Personally I would rather this be resolved with our input and vote versus going to Prudence.

Last edited:
I am sure the union is well aware of the hit we would take if larger a/c were to come. Our negotiating folks are very good and will get what they can before sending something to the membership. I very much doubt this will get sent to our membership because it would be a waste of time. We would overwhelmingly reject this, so they might as well go ahead and reject it for us. When we do vote, I am sure there will be some compromises there and hopefully some contract improvements that won't cost money.

Latest resources

Back