• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ole Gardner checking up on Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That attitude of the "know it all pilot" is exactly why paint chips and fluid leak issues were clearly defined in the aircraft AFM for both fleets and signed off by the FAA. Even the Feds got tired of the actions of the union and fully agreed that the only way to stem the tide of ridiculous write-ups that were clearly designed to slow the carrier down was to clearly define what each item was. To my knowledge, these are still in place there.

You have NO idea how much stress and additional risk your union activities place on rank and file employees and other pilots that want no part of it.

Again B19, there is no such thing as a ridiculous write up. You truly have no place in a cockpit. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I see now there is no use.

And to my knowledge, the FAA is very interested in the MX issues at Flt Opts. Actually I believe they are starting an investigation.

Again B19, there is no such thing as a ridiculous write up. You truly have no place in a cockpit. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I see now there is no use.

And to my knowledge, the FAA is very interested in the MX issues at Flt Opts. Actually I believe they are starting an investigation.

Quite a few management pilots here at FLOPS that should not be in the cockpit

Drips, drops and paint chips are cleary defined in the FAA approved aircraft flight manual as within the limitations of the aircraft at this specific regional carrier. If they didn't fit the defined criteria, they weren't considered reportable.

Attempts to write them up was an obvious attempt by the union to slow the airline down and the FAA agreed.

I guess the Feds were out to lunch on that one, eh? They didn't agree with the union either.

B19, HELLLOOOO, Mc Flyyyy! I am still waiting for an answer. I guess your non response means you do not want an intellectual debate, but rather just pick your battles that you feel you could win in your mind. Or maybe you just get a kick out of all the attention, and just like to stir things up.

First, I didn't respond because it didn't have anything to do with me.

Second, If you want my opinion on it, here it is...

Become a manager and see just how easy it is yourself. If you ain't got the nuts to put that pair of shoes on, you don't have the right to critique it.

Become a manager and see just how easy it is yourself. If you ain't got the nuts to put that pair of shoes on, you don't have the right to critique it.

By that logic, no one could criticize their elected leaders in this country unless they've been a representative, senator or the president. You'd have no basis to say a doctor is doing a bad job unless you've been an M.D. And you couldn't criticize union leaders unless you've been in those shoes yourself, according to your logic.

By that logic, no one could criticize their elected leaders in this country unless they've been a representative, senator or the president. You'd have no basis to say a doctor is doing a bad job unless you've been an M.D. And you couldn't criticize union leaders unless you've been in those shoes yourself, according to your logic.

Great comparison. But unless you've been a representative, senator or president yourself, you can complain but you still don't have a clue unless you've walked in their shoes.

The big difference here is that pilots have the opportunity to step up to the plate and into management but don't. They'd rather complain and blame others for stuff they don't understand.

Not everybody can run for congress.

Drips, drops and paint chips are cleary defined in the FAA approved aircraft flight manual as within the limitations of the aircraft at this specific regional carrier. If they didn't fit the defined criteria, they weren't considered reportable.

Attempts to write them up was an obvious attempt by the union to slow the airline down and the FAA agreed.

I guess the Feds were out to lunch on that one, eh? They didn't agree with the union either.

B19 it does not matter what the FAA approved for that regional carrier. This is the problem with our management, WE ARE NOT A REGIONAL AIRLINE! We fly some of the wealthiest people in the world.

I think it is time we start educating our owners about Flight Options MX practices!

B19 it does not matter what the FAA approved for that regional carrier. This is the problem with our management, WE ARE NOT A REGIONAL AIRLINE!
We fly some of the wealthiest people in the world.
I think it is time we start educating our owners about Flight Options MX practices!

Wait a minute, we fly the people that OWN the airlines.......Get it right.......

First, I didn't respond because it didn't have anything to do with me.

Second, If you want my opinion on it, here it is...

I see that you will not directly debate my question. By the way you answered my question, it sounds like you are a politician. I guess you must be a manager.

Well, to answer you, I have a degree in management, I have managed, and I also ran a small company that I started up on my own. I understand how difficult it must be to deal with so many A type personalities in such a large company.

Flight Options problem is that the management at the top doesn't know how to manage and run a fractional. Some may have experience managing a commuter, some may have experience managing a garage door company, and some may have experience managing a 7-11 (we all know who that is). But having experience doesn't mean that they are any good at their job. The problem is none of them have any experience running a fractional, and they are defiantly not good at their job. They are not leaders, and they do not know how to manage pilots.

I may get flamed for saying this, but as of right now I am not including Bob T in this group of misfits. Bob I realize that there are a lot of things going wrong with this company, and I don't necessarily blame you, yet. I know you only have so much power and that most of these problems are likely coming from the puppet master, whose only prior experience was managing a bell hop stand. But Bob, heed my advice now, this company is quickly going down a path of mismanagement, and screwed up policies. Management is on the brink of killing this company. I don't want to see that happen. Educate them, please show them the light before it is too late.

Latest resources

Back