• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ole Gardner checking up on Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furthermore, B19 is not Bob. I am thinking this is one of our great PSM's. God knows they have time to sit around and write on the message boards. That is if they are not to busy asking us to fly through thunderstorms in broken airplanes with no crew meals after a 14 hour day at the FBO!

Hey B19, I guess you don't want to answer my simple straight to the point question?

Because I am truly currious how a management team can see fit to give themselves a raise receiently (and who knows how many other raises they have had in the past few years) and never since the existance of Flight Options have they adjusted the captains pay.

OOOPS, I stand corrected, I do recall that they did adjust the Falcon captains pay four or five years ago. But the problem with that was.....

IT WENT BACKWARDS!

Sorry for loosing my composure, I am normally a calm person.

Delaying flights intentionally by writing up items that would not normally be written up creates additional human factors issues and INCREASES RISK.

Not supporting the company by refusing ALL overtime, no matter how small it is adds operational demands to all people in the operation and creates additional human factors issues and INCREASES RISK.

Causing cancellations and forcing passengers onto charter flights that are not owned by the company INCREASES RISK to the ower.

Apparently, because the union is not capable of negotiating a contract without tactics such as these, you are an advocate of INCREASED RISK.

If I thought for a moment that any union would come on and not threaten the careers of rank and file employees, the financial health of the company or increase risk during the negotiation process I wouldn't feel the way I do but history has shown otherwise.

Oh, and while I'm talking about history, get off the NJ short term contract effects and lets talk INDUSTRY. Every carrier has had a union agreement and at times has been profitable.

Yet every carrier since the beginning of time has has labor trouble and unions have been slow to react forcing carriers into bankruptcy as a result.

You never answered the question.

Are you suggesting that pilots NOT write up broken items? It seems that you are.

You are going to get someone killed. Especially if the person you are flying with is a weak-minded fool.

First, my response was directed at all those that agreed with the concepts the "Gardner" stated about adhering to the "rules".

Next, I have seen one specific airline get to the point where they had to define drips and drops of fluid and what would constitute a paint chip or peel. The delay would occur when maintenance would be called to detirmine if the 1/4" puddle on the ground or oily strunt without a puddle after an 8 hour overnight constituted a leaky nose wheel strut to ground a 1900C. Same with paint chips. These are what I call unwarranted BS write-ups but this carrier was smart enough to define them and eliminate the problem. If Flight Ops is smart, they too will create guidelines as such to prevent unwarranted writeups. Pilots aren't mechanics and sometimes they need a little help to detirmine what is truly a problem, and what is there to disrupt an airline out of spite to support the union.

Paint chips a BS write-up? Are you kidding me?

Where were the paint chips? How big were they? Were they in a position to go into a pitot tube? Paint chips near a static port are legitimate write-ups on ANY airplane, and depending on the MEL, most are grouding items! Did you think of that smarty pants?

Try to think before you post. I know it is difficult for a person who thinks he knows everything (and is more wrong than he realizes) and demands on imposing his flawed opinions on others. You are an incredible jacka$$, and I have pity on any person who has to actually fly with one such as yourself.

I personally feel that attitudes like yours are incredibly dangerous, and have no business in the aivation industry.

First, my response was directed at all those that agreed with the concepts the "Gardner" stated about adhering to the "rules".

Next, I have seen one specific airline get to the point where they had to define drips and drops of fluid and what would constitute a paint chip or peel. The delay would occur when maintenance would be called to detirmine if the 1/4" puddle on the ground or oily strunt without a puddle after an 8 hour overnight constituted a leaky nose wheel strut to ground a 1900C. Same with paint chips. These are what I call unwarranted BS write-ups but this carrier was smart enough to define them and eliminate the problem. If Flight Ops is smart, they too will create guidelines as such to prevent unwarranted writeups. Pilots aren't mechanics and sometimes they need a little help to detirmine what is truly a problem, and what is there to disrupt an airline out of spite to support the union.

What in the world do you need to see in order to have a write-up?

How about a engine fire? Will that do?

What about a PFD failure? Is that a good write-up?

Flat tire?

You are a danger to the flying community.

This has probably all been said before, but can you imagine if B19 is who he says he is what a loser he is that he has all this time to surf and reply on the board about our industry? I am sure he would have some BS excuse for why it makes sense to him....

And if he is who we all think he is, then I don't have to explain what a loser he is then, do I? Taking all that time to mess around on this board instead of working on some kind of real solution to the messed up situations at Flight Options....

B19, you are not even worth the space your username would take up on a bingo card. HA! Don't bother to respond, I don't give a ********************.

Paint chips a BS write-up? Are you kidding me?

Where were the paint chips? How big were they? Were they in a position to go into a pitot tube? Paint chips near a static port are legitimate write-ups on ANY airplane, and depending on the MEL, most are grouding items! Did you think of that smarty pants?

Try to think before you post. I know it is difficult for a person who thinks he knows everything (and is more wrong than he realizes) and demands on imposing his flawed opinions on others. You are an incredible jacka$$, and I have pity on any person who has to actually fly with one such as yourself.

I personally feel that attitudes like yours are incredibly dangerous, and have no business in the aivation industry.

That attitude of the "know it all pilot" is exactly why paint chips and fluid leak issues were clearly defined in the aircraft AFM for both fleets and signed off by the FAA. Even the Feds got tired of the actions of the union and fully agreed that the only way to stem the tide of ridiculous write-ups that were clearly designed to slow the carrier down was to clearly define what each item was. To my knowledge, these are still in place there.

You have NO idea how much stress and additional risk your union activities place on rank and file employees and other pilots that want no part of it.

That attitude of the "know it all pilot" is exactly why paint chips and fluid leak issues were clearly defined in the aircraft AFM for both fleets and signed off by the FAA. Even the Feds got tired of the actions of the union and fully agreed that the only way to stem the tide of ridiculous write-ups that were clearly designed to slow the carrier down was to clearly define what each item was. To my knowledge, these are still in place there.

You have NO idea how much stress and additional risk your union activities place on rank and file employees and other pilots that want no part of it.

My comments had NOTHING to do with unionism. It was about common sense, which you obviously lack. ANY pilot that does not question an oil leak, or paint chips near pitot static ports is putting their plane and their crew in serious jeopardy. I would call for discipline action against anybody who would fly an aircraft in that condition, and I would phone the FAA on ANY manager that would pressure me to fly a plane in that condition.

I will repeat from my previous post:

You are a danger to the flying community.

There goes Bob again...

With his Divide and Conquer game plan.

Keep it up Bob. It seems to be working for the Majority of our Pilots very nicely.

Everytime you insult our intelligence with your divide and conquer tactics designed for the weak minded, you remind the majority of our Pilots just how little you think of them.

And then you seem surprised when you get a backlash. Only difference now is, with the latest attack of your scheduling policy, packaged in the form of a vacation bid, which ALL our Pilots see as a theft campaign to get more work days from us for no more pay, you sir crossed the line.

Our Pilots now not only view you as the enemy, now you are viewed as a common criminal, along with the two other rocket scientists you work for.

Thanks for the help in building our solidarity. It would have been much tougher without you.

Are you sure you are not a closet Union Supporter Bob?

Freedom is not Free

B19, HELLLOOOO, Mc Flyyyy! I am still waiting for an answer. I guess your non response means you do not want an intellectual debate, but rather just pick your battles that you feel you could win in your mind. Or maybe you just get a kick out of all the attention, and just like to stir things up.

Latest resources

Back