• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DALS "proposal" gave ALL DAL pilots a Bump in seniority and ALL NWA pilots a Loss in seniority. Of course the DAL boys think its fair. The NWA sides "proposal" will be just as extreme yet in the opposite. Once it comes out the DAL boys will be biching just like the NWA side is now.

My guess is that a negotiated list will come out and these extreme proposals will make the negotiated list look "livable" to both sides. Then both MECs will be able to sell the negotiated list they decided on much easier because they can compare it to the original "proposals".

DALS "proposal" gave ALL DAL pilots a Bump in seniority and ALL NWA pilots a Loss in seniority. Of course the DAL boys think its fair. The NWA sides "proposal" will be just as extreme yet in the opposite. Once it comes out the DAL boys will be biching just like the NWA side is now.

My guess is that a negotiated list will come out and these extreme proposals will make the negotiated list look "livable" to both sides. Then both MECs will be able to sell the negotiated list they decided on much easier because they can compare it to the original "proposals".
Okay but no matter what you should be junior to every DAL because you fly the "furlough Jet". No reason I should suffer because you didn't get hired by DAL.

I'll stand by my initial prognostication, relative seniority by pay and equipment.

I guess the name calling is good for flightinfo ratings but it really takes away from what could be a good argument. What's wrong with making a point on here with a little respect?

Okay but no matter what you should be junior to every DAL because you fly the "furlough Jet". No reason I should suffer because you didn't get hired by DAL.

DAL pilot at his/her finest.

Everybody will get screwed just deal with it.

Not everybody wants to be a DAL pilot

DAL is just another airline just like NWA..

I'll stand by my initial prognostication, relative seniority by pay and equipment.

I will second that motion. I will go one step further and say that you will not hear one iota of bitching from me regardless of the list turnout.

It will be relative by pay and equipment, and the NWA WILL bitch and moan.

What was the date of the PID, and implementation of Merger Policy?

Don't be cute.

You know both MEC's worked a deal (Called a Process LOA) that was "consistent" with Polcy, but not driven by, or conducted under it.

Don't post drunk.
Occam you excessively ossified occiput...you obliquitous, obfuscating and obviously omissive oaf!....not "driven by" nor "conducted under", but "consistent with"? "Conducted under" is exactly what it is.."under" ALPA merger policy, we are allowed to modify #s of arbitrators, timelines and other "administrative" functions. We are not allowed to disregard or modify the concepts or principles by which the two lists will be balanced, then actually merged together. IOW, the three wise men are to decide our case consistent with those concepts and principles that are the heart and spirit of ALPA merger "policy". CONSISTENT: -in agreement or harmony, in accord, compatible, holding always to the same principles or practice.... Occam, my obscurantist, oscillating friend.... live up to the namesake of your famous ancestor, "William of": the simplest interpretation is most likely correct. As an example, my obdurate, obstructionist opponent, if we were to pose the simple question to our three wise men: "Gentlemen, by what criteria have we directed you to merge these lists?"----1)...anything "under the sun"... (including wildly irrelevant ideas like eye color and DOH;),) or..2) ALPA merger policy... (status and category according to premerger payrates;) )...you may ignore all sentence fragments in parenthesis ending with;) and now answer as you believe William of Occam would answer.

Occam you excessively ossified occiput...you obliquitous, obfuscating and obviously omissive oaf!

I'm not even sure how I got hired! I just sit around on the couch drinking beer and watching ESPN, reading People and the Enquirer, farting between trips. You people are obviously studying SAT sh*t.

DAL pilot at his/her finest.

Everybody will get screwed just deal with it.

Not everybody wants to be a DAL pilot

DAL is just another airline just like NWA..
What is your point?
I know not everbody wants to be DAL pilot, but I did, and I am.

So I looked at the Delta proposed list which seems somewhat fair but it is interesting to note how far up you have to go to see the first seats of a widebody at NWA. I would have to climb 3000 spots to get the very first first wideboy seat available at NWA whereas due to the almost TWICE AS MANY WIDEBODIES at Delta a widebody seat that pays more money comes many slots below me at the current Delta.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back