• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 10 737-700s are equivalent to the 737-800 in pay. The DC-9-40/50s are equivalent to well... the DC-9-30. Probably the main difference between us: I never had a dream to fly a 747 (where have I heard that before), 777, 787, or any airliner. It's all about the paycheck for me.
Hilarious to you, but absolutely true.
Alrighty then...."absolutely true" that every pilot flying a non 757 narrowbody at DAL is there because they CHOSE not to bid a widebody position that was available....GOT IT!

Alrighty then...."absolutely true" that every pilot flying a non 757 narrowbody at DAL is there because they CHOSE not to bid a widebody position that was available....GOT IT!

I think my original post said "almost anyone that cares to bid it". Hey, I like to argue as much as the next guy but this sheet's pointless. I stated my opinion. You are free to disagree with it. As I said we're never going to convince each other of what's fair.

To sum it up, number 5000 on the NWA seniority list would be between 2500-3000 in 10 years.

Number 7000 on the DAL list would be, well, approx number 7000 in 10 years.

A dynamic list would allow NWA pilots to move up with NWA attrition and DAL pilots advance with DAL attrition. Both sides would get credit for their retirements.

Did the guys at USAir get a dynamic list? I don't think so.

Last edited:
That's hilarious. Not even counting your 757's, 45% of your aircraft are narrowbody. So, the pilots that fly almost half your fleet must simply not care to bid widebody. Cool DAL math there......reminds me of your SLI math.
Well, I guess your right....the 737-700 has 124 seats....one less than our DC-9-50's

What -9 retirements? As has been mentioned here before, rumor has it that they aren't going anywhere with oil falling and the "don't laugh, it's paid for" bumper stickers.

Does your A319 pay the same as your A320? Sounds a lot like the 737-700 and 737-800, along with the 757 and 767 analogy. And, I don't think all of the Delta bases have "all super premium" widebody flying. If someone wants to be at a particular base, they probably can't hold the widebody. I have friends in SLC and they said that 757/767 category at that base is very senior. Face it, you have smaller planes, at fewer bases, that pay less. You can't dance around arguments that are obvious. Your airline doesn't have the pay potential that Delta brings to the table.

Last edited:
Did the guys at USAir get a dynamic list? I don't think so.

No they didn't. And come to think of it, they were the worse of the two merged companies financially--kind of like DAL. Do you think DAL is coming to the rescue of NWA like AWA did for USAir? I didn't think so!

Considering the fact that we have new hires flying the 767ER out of NYC...that is EXACTLY correct.

Now here is what we see from the NWA side:

1. We want "credit" for our upcoming retirements, even though the vast majority of the DAL early retirees (who supposedly gave us all a big "windfall") would have reached Age 60 PRIOR TO the rule changing to Age 65.

2. We want to keep our pensions.

3. We want to bid into your widebody flying, into your superior bases (really, for every DAL guy who can't wait to bid DTW or MSP, is there any doubt whatsover that there are probably 15-20 NWA guys salivating over ATL, SLC, and LAX?), while at the same time blocking you all off from flying any of ours.

4. And thanks for the pay raises, DC plan, superior work rules, and superior staffing formulas. Thanks for crafting a JPWA that gives the NWA side 75% of the entire contract value to get us up to your financial standards. We'll happily take that--and everything else.

5. Of course we won't be reasonable at the negotiating table. Coming to agreements is for losers. Sticking fingers in ears, screaming "la la la la la, now let's just go to arbitration" is just the NWA way.

6. After all, 26 arbitrated decisions out of 26 sets of post 1986-merger negotiations must mean something, right?

Have I missed anything?

How many 73-700s do you have on property? And when were they delivered? Before or after constructive notification?

Thanks for the answers.
Schwanker

Delivered? Delivered? You're really reaching. Not sure what any of this has to do with the 737-700 paying 737-800 rates but the 10 737-700s were ordered in Dec 2006 along with some 777LRs as part of the deal that had DL sell 38 737-800 delivery slots. 7 are supposed to be on property this year/3 next but there were some delayed by the strike. I think there are 4 here now.

Delivered? Delivered? You're really reaching. Not sure what any of this has to do with the 737-700 paying 737-800 rates but the 10 737-700s were ordered in Dec 2006 along with some 777LRs as part of the deal that had DL sell 38 737-800 delivery slots. 7 are supposed to be on property this year/3 next but there were some delayed by the strike. I think there are 4 here now.

Thanks. The only reason I asked is some DAL folks apply a different standard to NWA aircraft/orders. I just didn't think there were 10 on property (I thought 2 were recently delivered). Have a good one.
Schwanker

Well said!

Considering the fact that we have new hires flying the 767ER out of NYC...that is EXACTLY correct.

Now here is what we see from the NWA side:

1. We want "credit" for our upcoming retirements, even though the vast majority of the DAL early retirees (who supposedly gave us all a big "windfall") would have reached Age 60 PRIOR TO the rule changing to Age 65.

2. We want to keep our pensions.

3. We want to bid into your widebody flying, into your superior bases (really, for every DAL guy who can't wait to bid DTW or MSP, is there any doubt whatsover that there are probably 15-20 NWA guys salivating over ATL, SLC, and LAX?), while at the same time blocking you all off from flying any of ours.

4. And thanks for the pay raises, DC plan, superior work rules, and superior staffing formulas. Thanks for crafting a JPWA that gives the NWA side 75% of the entire contract value to get us up to your financial standards. We'll happily take that--and everything else.

5. Of course we won't be reasonable at the negotiating table. Coming to agreements is for losers. Sticking fingers in ears, screaming "la la la la la, now let's just go to arbitration" is just the NWA way.

6. After all, 26 arbitrated decisions out of 26 sets of post 1986-merger negotiations must mean something, right?

Have I missed anything?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back