• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well unfortunately you're not on the merger committee, because a "staple" job is exactly what they have proposed. It would put every NWA pilot hired on or after December 2000 behind DAL pilots hired in May of this year. So, I assume that you must have some major heartburn with the position that your pilot group has taken on this right?

No way this SLI will end up fair to me. My position from day one as a Delta pilot allows me hold 17 -20 days off a month. NYC 767ERB. We have a great quality of life here folks.

How will the SLI not distroy my quality of life considering I am not even thru my first year?

Our union has a duty to protect my relative seniority and present career expectations.

Last edited:
Well unfortunately you're not on the merger committee, because a "staple" job is exactly what they have proposed. It would put every NWA pilot hired on or after December 2000 behind DAL pilots hired in May of this year. So, I assume that you must have some major heartburn with the position that your pilot group has taken on this right?

Let's just say that that would not be my final position if I were God and could write the SLI. However, given this arbitration environment, I think there are all sorts of strategic approaches that both sides are pursuing. I hope that the end result will be something we can all deal with--I hope you (and I) realize that it won't be NWA-gets-top 500-spots-then-DOH-no-fences, nor will it be NWA-gets-the-bottom-500-spots.

I won't say anything more on this. I think we need a fair SLI--everyone should be modestly irritated with the list, but no one egregiously so.

I will drink beer with any and all NWA pilots after all this is said and done, and move forward with our career regardless of the outcome.

Let's just say that that would not be my final position if I were God and could write the SLI. However, given this arbitration environment, I think there are all sorts of strategic approaches that both sides are pursuing. I hope that the end result will be something we can all deal with--I hope you (and I) realize that it won't be NWA-gets-top 500-spots-then-DOH-no-fences, nor will it be NWA-gets-the-bottom-500-spots.

I won't say anything more on this. I think we need a fair SLI--everyone should be modestly irritated with the list, but no one egregiously so.

I will drink beer with any and all NWA pilots after all this is said and done, and move forward with our career regardless of the outcome.

You better prime that liver!
Schwanker

I see no way this SLI will end be fair to me. My position from day one as a Delta pilot allows me hold 17 -20 days off a month. NYC 767ERB.

How will the SLI not distroy my quality of life considering I am not even thru my first year?

Our union has a duty to protect my relative seniority and present career expectations.

You hold your position for ONE REASON ONLY...NO ONE ELSE SENIOR WANTS IT! If they did, then they would be flying it. Please leave your "entitlement" attitude at the door when we merge.

BTW, what about my career expectations? Without the merger I'd retire as a widebody Captain and in the top 200...post merger???

I see no way this SLI will end be fair to me. My position from day one as a Delta pilot allows me hold 17 -20 days off a month. NYC 767ERB. How will the SLI not distroy my quality of life considering I am not even thru my first year?

Too bad buddy, as a new hire it means you are at the bottom of the list. NWA pilots that have been here for ten years should not be put below you. Your position is the least desired one at Delta and that is the only reason you have it. If you stove piped everyone predicated on the highest they could bid, you would be in a 88 which is the same type as a DC9. So guess what, you are no different than an NWA new hire.

PS
Career expectations do mean sh!t. This business is volitile and the only expectation you should really have is that you will probably lose your job at the worst possible time for you and your family.

It drives me nuts when people want their expectations protected. Guess what, when I was 16 I expected to be rich and be living in the playboy mansion by my 30s, I guess I'll have to mention that to the MEC so thay can get that in the SLI.

Last edited:
Secondly, I'm a new hire in the 747 and my schedule and lifestyle is the same as yours. Actually its better, I have not flown since mid August. By your analysis I should be ahead of all the Delta pilots not flying widebodies.

Last edited:

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, your well reasoned approach is not shared by the vast majority of your DAL brothers represented here. You should prepare for blacklisting for straying so far from the DTP's (Dalpa Talking Points TM)

:beer:

Secondly, I'm a new hire in the 747 and my schedule and lifestyle is the same as yours. Actually its better, I have not flown since mid August. By your analysis I should be ahead of all the Delta pilots not flying widebodies. Excuse me, super premium widebodies. How many of those do you guys have, 10.

LMAO! Thanks for the laughs. Its funnier every time I hear it. You guys can use whatever adjectives you want to. I got a couple you can call your mec for the screw job they've given you over the years, and continue to do so.
Truth is, DAL brings 111 widebodies (present day) vs. NW's 63 (also current day). Almost double.
Now granted, DL doesn't have "fortress hubs" in MSP and DTW, but they do have NYC and LAX!
Again, thanks for the laughs.

Latest resources

Back