• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never advocated a "staple" job for the NWA guys. Some form of DOH for all post 9-11 hires (where we have had some sort of similar hiring patterns) along with a short-term protective fence for the DAL guys not to be furloughed if/when the DC-9s go away (and conversely, a similar thing for the NWA side should the -88s go first), coupled with a relative seniority formula for the rest of the list, seems like the most fair way to go.
Well unfortunately you're not on the merger committee, because a "staple" job is exactly what they have proposed. It would put every NWA pilot hired on or after December 2000 behind DAL pilots hired in May of this year. So, I assume that you must have some major heartburn with the position that your pilot group has taken on this right?

Are you promoting cheating like the Steelers do. Last time I checked it was against the rules to lead with your helmet. It is against the rules for this kind of situation. Our best linebacker is out for the year with a broken jaw. Well no different than Kimo deserving the Super Bowl MVP for taking out Palmer late. Would of never made it out of the wild card game that year without cheating.

Who Dey

Did you say something 737Pylt?

I'm not him, but I did dispute everything you said cupcake. Its ok to hide. I expect nothing less from a nw pilot!

DTW320 said:
Well unfortunately you're not on the merger committee, because a "staple" job is exactly what they have proposed. It would put every NWA pilot hired on or after December 2000 behind DAL pilots hired in May of this year. So, I assume that you must have some major heartburn with the position that your pilot group has taken on this right?
I can't wait to see what the nwa pilot seniority list proposes. After all you girls are the same ones who proposed putting all the 747/330 pilots at the top of the list. So what's the difference. So I assume that you must have some major heartburn with the position your pilot group has taken on this right? Oh, I forgot, you can't debate, and you think I'm someone called 737pilot.

Last edited:

Could it be because more of your planes are leaving than Delta's? Didn't Steenland even announce a lot of your DC9s going away? Correct me if I am wrong please. And Scope Rjs is correct also, Delta has more widebodies, so more of their pilots are widebody pilots, and are paid more. If a Northwest pilot cannot hold a widebody now, then he should be put below people who can, for pay and "windfall" purposes. Maybe that is why there are 400 Northwest pilots proposed to be at the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
These arguments are so pointless. Anyone who tries to pretend they know what will happen is full of it. The reason why this is in arbitration is because of stuff like this. Both sides have a difference of opinion and you're not going to be able to change that, especially on this forum.:cool: The real decision will be out in a month or so.

These arguments are so pointless. Anyone who tries to pretend they know what will happen is full of it. The reason why this is in arbitration is because of stuff like this. Both sides have a difference of opinion and you're not going to be able to change that, especially on this forum.:cool: The real decision will be out in a month or so.

Well said, very well said, but you really got to think we DAL guys should be better off don't you. Just look at all the facts, without daydreaming in the sun.

This is great deal for you Super, in the long run.

Well said, very well said, but you really got to think we DAL guys should be better off don't you. Just look at all the facts, without daydreaming in the sun.

This is great deal for you Super, in the long run.

IMHO, after looking at all the facts, No I dont think the Delta side "Should be better off". No daydreaming here, just looking at the facts. Unfortunately both sides have a difference of opinion on what the "facts" actually mean.

With that said, I am officially going to do my best not to get into these arguments any more. The NWA side has a lot of disagreements with the DAL side and the DAL side disagrees alot with the NWA side. I will say neither side should be any "better off" then the other. The reason why we cant get a negotiated list is because of that exact mentality. Both sides feel they have some sense of entitlement and thats expected and also exactly why its in arbitration. Neither side has any more of a right to ending up "better off" IMHO.

We'll see what happens in a month or so. :beer:

Last edited:
IMHO, after looking at all the facts, No I dont think the Delta side "Should be better off". No daydreaming here, just looking at the facts. Unfortunately both sides have a difference of opinion on what the "facts" actually mean.

With that said, I am officially going to do my best not to get into these arguments any more. The NWA side has a lot of disagreements with the DAL side and the DAL side disagrees alot with the NWA side. I will say neither side should be any "better off" then the other. The reason why we cant get a negotiated list is because of that exact mentality. Both sides feel they have some sense of entitlement and thats expected and also exactly why its in arbitration. Neither side has any more of a right to ending up "better off" IMHO.

We'll see what happens in a month or so. :beer:

Again, you are better off in the long run, you can call yourself Super2038 when you retire. I might be close.

Latest resources

Back