• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL Arbitration hearing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
5K hours?That's funny. You're kidding right? I had 50% more than that when I got hired at NWA a long time ago.

Just trying to remind my new brotherly friend that he may want to update that. Not uncommon for tacair guys and gals to get on with a Major with that little time, but you don't see it that often otherwise.

So you had 50% more when you got hired on a long time ago. That's great. But let's not let this deteriorate into a mil/civ. discussion. I'm sure we both know a lot of bad pilots with 12k hours, most of which was accumulated on an autopilot, flying the airways, or sitting in the penalry box at O'Hare. Maybe you're one of them? ;-)

I have flown with CA's here that have less than 9K hrs. Time means nothing after the first two thousand.

I have flown with CA's here that have less than 9K hrs. Time means nothing after the first two thousand.

I'll second that. It's all about working as little as possible (while still getting paid.)

Here's to hoping my logbook is always thinner than the next guy :D

You're missing the point General. Putting the whole abitration thing aside for moment, which you and I have no control over, it's wrong for a pilot to be cheering on a lawyer against another brother pilot. It's fine for you to want the Delta pilots to come away from this thing with a fair, or even good deal, but don't rejoice in the perception that a lawyer "absolutely blew away" a NW first officer. Even if your opinion is true, remember that the first officer is a pilot first, and an expert witness second.

You obviously must be so removed from the pilot profession that you've forgotten that at the end of the day, we have to look out for one another.

When was the last time you flew? Are you a current pilot or a desk jockey? Just curious because you spend a lot of time on this board and you don't act like a professional pilot.

Come on Pat. I fly 4 3 day Europe trips a month, or 3 Europes and 1 South America. I do bring my laptop, so I am still "connected." We have to get this SLI done fairly, and then move on. I have always stated that too, consistantly telling everyone on here I can't wait to buy the beer (3rd and 5th rounds only please). But, when DTW320 berates me and tells me I am full of doo doo, and then I remind him what ACTUALLY was stated on the stand from the transcripts, I tend to get a little heated. In the end, we will all look like Russian Sub Commanders, and we will look FANTASTIC. But, that SLI is very important, and needs to be done fairly.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Come on Pat. I fly 4 3 day Europe trips a month, or 3 Europes and 1 South America. I do bring my laptop, so I am still "connected." We have to get this SLI done fairly, and then move on. I have always stated that too, consistantly telling everyone on here I can't wait to buy the beer (3rd and 5th rounds only please). But, when DTW320 berates me and tells me I am full of doo doo, and then I remind him what ACTUALLY was stated on the stand from the transcripts, I tend to get a little heated. In the end, we will all look like Russian Sub Commanders, and we will look FANTASTIC. But, that SLI is very important, and needs to be done fairly.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'll tell you what, you can buy all the beers because I'll be junior to just about everyone when this deal is done.

I'll tell you what, you can buy all the beers because I'll be junior to just about everyone when this deal is done.

How about the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th rounds, plus Wings (before 5pm)? Deal?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not really. 500 PIC turbine is nice but total time over 2K is icing on the cake.
DAL wanted to see at least 2K

Not really. 500 PIC turbine is nice but total time over 2K is icing on the cake.
DAL wanted to see at least 2K
Yes, Really. At NWA you could almost predict the week you would get called in for your phase 1 interview by comparing your total time/type ratings to that of recent successful candidates. It was very linear. I agree that it is not a measure of "how good a pilot" you are beyond the first few thousand hours, but, at least at NWA, it made a major difference in getting the job offer, which was my point earlier . I am over 1000 numbers senior to several Captains at my former airline who were very senior to me at that airline simply because I had an extra type rating and got the call 2 years earlier.

Latest resources

Back