• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL Arbitration hearing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks! Do they allow PDF in lieu of paper docs for required issue (except required flight deck manuals)?

We are all issued the following (pardon me if some of this is common knowledge):

- FOM: Flight Operations Manual: all fleet common DAL policies and procedures. Captain is required to carry, F/O is not.
- Vol 1: Operations Manual, Vol 1, which is all the normal and supplementary checklists. All pilots carry.
- Vol 2: Systems Book. No one must carry (but must be in paper form in the cockpit). You are also supposed to take it with you to recurrent, but I have never seen anyone do it.
- FCTM: Flight Crew Training Manual. This is the manual fully describing lots of different maneuvers, both normal and "non-normal." This is not required to be carried by any crewmember, nor is it required in the cockpit. You are required to take it to training--again, not everyone does.
- Jepp charts and approach plates. Paper form in your flight kit, required for all pilots except the "B" captain on 4-pilot crews (most 777 flying, for example).

So where do all our non-normal/abnormal checklists come from? From the QRH--Quick Reference Handbook, two copies of which are kept in every DAL aircraft. Whenever you have a non-normal, you comply with the boldface (if any) then break out the QRH and follow the procedure. I love the idea in theory. And for the most part it works pretty well. However, sometimes I feel the QRH is written for the lowest common denominator--like a 3rd world pilot who barely speaks English...hey, I think that is exactly who it is written for!

ALL the above are available in .pdf format from the Flt Ops website. However, that fact does not alter any required-to-carry policy as spelled out in the FOM.

Your A320 FO on the stand was "blown away" by our lawyer, finally admitting that attrition has NEVER been a part of ANY seniority list integration, ever. He told him to stop making speeches, and just answer the question. Classic. Dynamic lists just don't work, and we have more retirements eventually than you do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It's a sad day when a fellow pilot gloats that one of "his" lawyers beat up another fellow, and future brother pilot.

General, you sir are a low-life.

It's a sad day when a fellow pilot gloats that one of "his" lawyers beat up another fellow, and future brother pilot.

Not to mention that his claims are 100% USDA BullSh@t. Read the transcript of 10/24. NWA's G.A. absolutely mopped the floor with the DALPA lawyer. It made for great reading but you almost felt sorry for the lawyer....almost.

I even asked myself why he did not ask about your retirement historical data only being eight months old, and only using the time when you had a program in effect.

Not to mention that his claims are 100% USDA BullSh@t. Read the transcript of 10/24. NWA's G.A. absolutely mopped the floor with the DALPA lawyer. It made for great reading but you almost felt sorry for the lawyer....almost.

I didn't read the transcripts, but did that FO say (as GenLEE states) that attrition has never been used in a merger of seniority lists? If so, that wouldn't be good for you guys I would think.

More spin by detoilet and the nw gang. Hey dtw, you should save some of that oil from the spin machine. You'll need it the way your side has been performing.
It wasn't nearly as entertaining as watching stevens get destroyed, and become basically confrontational! I started to feel sorry for him, then jus realized its another day in the life of the nw mec. I heard he had a talking with before he went back on the stand. Keep up the hits!:laugh:

You must have been reading transcripts from your old Roberts award. I am pretty sure our lawyer on the 24th was slamming your computer guy with his outdated "model"---you know, the one that had the Jan 1st, 2008 fleet snapshot. The one with enough DC9 Captains for 94 DC9s (will you really have that many at DCC???), and 631 787 slots---for a plane that hasn't flown yet. Oh yeah, and you guys forgot about the 8 extra 777s we will be getting before the certificates are merged. Ooops. And I think that day we also slammed you on pay rates and overall pay, since you used 88 hours for your side, and then only gave us an "average" for our average line value of 79 hours. Hmmmm. Yeah, you sure did win that day.....? I think you have to go back to the USDA and get retested.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey, your A320FO was grandstanding, and our lawyer wanted an answer. He eventually got the truth, though. Attrition has never been a part of any SLI.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey, your A320FO was grandstanding, and our lawyer wanted an answer. He eventually got the truth, though. Attrition has never been a part of any SLI.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You're missing the point General. Putting the whole abitration thing aside for moment, which you and I have no control over, it's wrong for a pilot to be cheering on a lawyer against another brother pilot. It's fine for you to want the Delta pilots to come away from this thing with a fair, or even good deal, but don't rejoice in the perception that a lawyer "absolutely blew away" a NW first officer. Even if your opinion is true, remember that the first officer is a pilot first, and an expert witness second.

You obviously must be so removed from the pilot profession that you've forgotten that at the end of the day, we have to look out for one another.

When was the last time you flew? Are you a current pilot or a desk jockey? Just curious because you spend a lot of time on this board and you don't act like a professional pilot.

You're missing the point General. Putting the whole abitration thing aside for moment, which you and I have no control over, it's wrong for a pilot to be cheering on a lawyer against another brother pilot. It's fine for you to want the Delta pilots to come away from this thing with a fair, or even good deal, but don't rejoice in the perception that a lawyer "absolutely blew away" a NW first officer. Even if your opinion is true, remember that the first officer is a pilot first, and an expert witness second.

You obviously must be so removed from the pilot profession that you've forgotten that at the end of the day, we have to look out for one another.

When was the last time you flew? Are you a current pilot or a desk jockey? Just curious because you spend a lot of time on this board and you don't act like a professional pilot.

Please spare us all this "brotherly" crap. Both sides are fighting for their interpretation of what is fair, and no person, pilot or not, has any entitlement to being treated in a brotherly fashion if they've been brought to the fight with the sole purpose of misrepresenting facts. There isn't a pilot on either side that wouldn't admit, to a man, that they hoped "their" lawyer smacked around whoever was on that stand from the other side.

FWIW, the General is an active line pilot.

2K hours? Must be a tacair bubba.

Latest resources

Back