• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL Arbitration hearing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, didn't DL's beloved leader mandate NO fences, though?

Heyas VoR,

RA has limited authority in this case. NWAs position wouldn't prevent any awards from being fulfilled, nor cause a bump'n'flush.

The only thing he could hang his hat on would be the "expense" portion of the process agreeement, but it would go into rather precarious legal territory for management to refuse a binding arbitration award.

Rather, I COULD see RA to pony up some significant negotiating credit to make the issues "go away". I can't speak for the DAL side, but I'd don't think the NWA side would bite, since "pay is temporary, seniority is forever".

Just a hunch. This thing is far from over.

Nu

Heyas VoR,

RA has limited authority in this case. NWAs position wouldn't prevent any awards from being fulfilled, nor cause a bump'n'flush.

The only thing he could hang his hat on would be the "expense" portion of the process agreeement, but it would go into rather precarious legal territory for management to refuse a binding arbitration award.

Rather, I COULD see RA to pony up some significant negotiating credit to make the issues "go away". I can't speak for the DAL side, but I'd don't think the NWA side would bite, since "pay is temporary, seniority is forever".

Just a hunch. This thing is far from over.

Nu

Pay is temporary, so you should get a big pay raise, keep your frozen pension, get work rules back (DAL work rules, which are better) and get a big break in seniority. WHO Aquired WHO! Don't forget we DAL guys will take a pay cut one day to pay for your frozen pension. Where else is it going to come from. HEYAS

Depends on who is on the new MEC. I am sure that it will be offered.

Heyas ACL,

Agreed.

I DON'T mean this as a dig, BUT, the DAL proposal gave away the ability for management to simply lift a fleet up and place it somewhere else without a re-bid.

This is something you make management pay for, and pay DEARLY. Hopefully some folks on the new MEC will recognize this.

Nu

Pay is temporary, so you should get a big pay raise, keep your frozen pension, get work rules back (DAL work rules, which are better) and get a big break in seniority. WHO Aquired WHO! Don't forget we DAL guys will take a pay cut one day to pay for your frozen pension. Where else is it going to come from. HEYAS

Yawn. The nature of the transaction has been deemed to be irrelevant to the proceedings by both sides. Don't like it, talk to your rep.

NWA guys gave up as much as we gained. Check out the former NWA negotiator's testimony from yesterday. It's not all about W2. Besides, the DAL guys would never have seen LOA19 had it not been for the merger. Sure, you could have started section 6 sooner...right in the middle of a recession.

The funding for the pension is trivial, and the pension itself has been managed in an extremely conservative manner, with little exposure to the current meldown.

DOH with a fence keeps everyone where they are, lets them enjoy what they had coming. The demographics problem is solved after 10 years.

Nu

Spirit of compromise? You started to the far left, and we started fairly close to the middle. Is it greed when your side is losing aircraft or bringing less to the table? Your airline is parking DC9s (even if they keep some more than planned, they are still parking some), and the 742s are pretty much toast----those planes aren't good for cargo anymore (according to the guy who will be running them after the merger is done). We are adding planes, and not just 787s that haven't been flown ever.

I also will be happy to come to work, but being fair is about what is brought to the table. Really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Relax there corporal,
I don't think stapling everyone at NWA hired after 2000 is starting in the middle, but like I said, I am OK with some seniority hit, just that POSITION is extreme. If you think that that is and should be the case well....I guess that is just your greed showing through. Either way you cannot take away what we bring to this merger, it is here and now that you need to live in, not the guess that is tomorrow. I believe the arbitrators will find some middle ground, hopefully you can ACCEPT it like the rest of us.

So, what if the 787s don't get ordered after all, and the 747-200s go away as "planned?" What then? We get all of the 777s coming, right? They are on our certificate right now. What about the 25 MD90s coming from Saudia supposedly? They are going to MSP "supposedly." (I have to say that on here)
787's are already ordered. Show me the "plan" for -200's to go away. 25 MD90's? I just had a nice conversation the other day with one of your SLC MD90 Captains who said the whole rumour of getting more is pure BS. His words. He DID say that they are definitely hearing MSP for the ones that are already here.

I don't think any of that is gonna float. You didn't use DOH with Republic, did you?Sure did. Every Greenbooker at NWA has their original DOH from Republic or earlier. No bump no flush.You had a 20 year fence, and still didn't do DOH.WRONG....See above. And, as our lawyer and your A320FO pointed out, attrition has NEVER been used in any merger case. How about relative seniority and then a 10 year fence. Sounds better, because in 10 years a lot of us will still be here, and DOH doesn't work. It never has in any ALPA merger---it has never been done. As our lawyer pointed out and your 747 Captain pointed out, you never have used it yourself, until you are the smaller entity.Smaller entity? Did you miss the part where Bloch said the arbitrators are considering this a MERGER of equals?

Bye Bye

It bugs me too....
Equally prevalent is the misspelling of advice as advise. You ask for advice, you advise someone what is in their best interests.
Got that out. Whew! :beer:

Plus:

"To" & "too" (you used it correctly, VoR).

"Affect" vs. "Effect"

Methinks we're seeing the Gen X, Y, and Z'ers getting into the workforce in large numbers. Just as my generation can't add (1st to use calculators like crazy), the up-and-comers can't use grammar (computers spell check for them, so they never learned multiple spellings for similar sounding words).

Kids today, I tell ya . . . :)

Ummmm, the 787s are on firm order, and have been for a while. I haven't seen any press releases about more MD-90s..where do I look for those?

The NWA/Republic merger WAS DOH...and, gasp, was awarded BY the arbitrator.

The NWA position is basically was has been already awarded by previous arbitrations...DOH with a fence.

You guys have been screaming up and down for a fence, so you should be pretty happy about this.

Nu

There were No ratio's in the NWA/Republic merger? Are you sure about that? Really? There has NEVER been a DOH merger with the Alpa merger policy. Nope. Your 747 Captain was asked that on the stand, and couldn't come up with an answer. I think you have that wrong. And, a fence would be GREAT for us with Relative seniority. That would FORCE the Greenbooks to stay on your equipment, where they rightfully belong. With the new manning rules (2 Captains and 2 FOs for over 12 hours), your greenbooks will actually taxi the plane as the lead PIC, and the redbook that used to be the "only" captain with the 3 FOs, can watch. So, we should fence off the equipment for 5 or 10 years, and have at it. Also, you haven't been reading anything about Anderson being unhappy with the 787, and very likely switching the order to 777s? You haven't read that. I'll see if I can get the article for you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back