• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Second Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is weird, it appears pinnacle is allowing compass to operate one of it's crj's under the compass flag using pinnacles resources.

Dumb Pilot said:
The ultimate excuse of the mainline pilots. They negotiate the erosion of their QOL, they negotiate the out sourcing of their flying, they bring the bar lower each time. And then turn around and point fingers at the people that accept the positions that THEY CREATED.
You where too chicken $hit to fight and die for your rights while accepting mediocre conditions and at the same time putting language that hurt Mesaba jobs directly while accepting what your MEC said It would be a "Die on this hill issue" Newco.
Hypocrisy at its best

I just changed your name to Smart Pilot.

Last edited:
Dumb Pilot said:
The ultimate excuse of the mainline pilots. They negotiate the erosion of their QOL, they negotiate the out sourcing of their flying, they bring the bar lower each time. And then turn around and point fingers at the people that accept the positions that THEY CREATED.
You where too chicken $hit to fight and die for your rights while accepting mediocre conditions and at the same time putting language that hurt Mesaba jobs directly while accepting what your MEC said It would be a "Die on this hill issue" Newco.
Hypocrisy at its best
You act like mainline should of fallen on its sword to protect scope that was already given up at every other bankrupt carrier. So tell me why liquidation of mainline would have helped mesaba or pinnacle.

YourPilotFriend said:
You act like mainline should of fallen on its sword to protect scope that was already given up at every other bankrupt carrier. So tell me why liquidation of mainline would have helped mesaba or pinnacle.

There's your problem: you assume that standing up for yourselves would have resulted in the liquidation of Northwest Airlines. I don't believe that for a second. If you had rejected the POS TA, then another TA would have been negotiated in short order with more favorable terms. They played on your emotions perfectly and you fell for it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PCL_128 said:
If you had rejected the POS TA, then another TA would have been negotiated in short order with more favorable terms. They played on your emotions perfectly and you fell for it.

Since you are so prolific, can I please get some good stock tips from you?

BTW, the 3 financial analysts, 2 or 3 law firms, ALPA legal reps, reps from Peter J Soloman, something-Weiss & Simon, most of the NWA MEC, the NWA ALPA Negotiating team, the MEC Chairman & over two-thirds of the +/- 6000 line pilots disagreed with the opinion you state above. But I guess you're just better informed.

Last edited:
CAll a Waaaaambulance

Dumb Pilot said:
Didn't mean any disrespect, just tired after having lived two downturns.
My heart bleeds for you. Try making it to mainline and living through 2 furloughs...tiring...very tiring. As a matter of fact, I've been furloughed 42% of my time at the majors. At least you are still working. Everybody has their cross to bear. And no, I'm not whining or asking for sympathy. I blame management and corporate greed, not other pilot groups.

Last edited:
Why don't YOU stand up for yourself at Pinnacle where you have the distinction of having one of the worse contracts in the industry. Why didn't YOUR pilot group negotiate and obtain a better contract than you have now?Put your money where your mouth is buddy!! How many pilot strikes has Pinnacle had? How many times has NWA pilots stood up and struck when/where necessary? Do a little research Jacka$$

Thomas39 said:
Why don't YOU stand up for yourself at Pinnacle where you have the distinction of having one of the worse contracts in the industry. Why didn't YOUR pilot group negotiate and obtain a better contract than you have now?Put your money where your mouth is buddy!!

We are. We have already turned down several concessionary proposals from management.

The contract we have now was one of the best for a turboprop operator when it was signed ('99 when we were an all-Saab fleet).

Latest resources

Back