• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Second Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lets see, one union caved (the pilots) one union fought (mechanics) and lost badly (sadly) what will happen with the flight attendants? Would it not have been better to stand together? I hear that NWA has like 1500 flight attendants just waiting to step in. That might not cut the mustard, but it would keep the ball rolling i guess, that and enough to cross the line, as some mechanics did. Now i say this.......when in three years when NWA is making Billions, how will the pilots feel when they are still at the bottom of the pay scale in the industry.... I used to feel bad for how things were working out at NWA, but i have realised that they made their bed, and they can sleep in their own crap. Not to mention......hey remember that thing the union was talking about.....brand scope.....instead they fight for a contract that specifically takes jobs away from the junior pilots at Mesaba..... thats a great job you are doing over there (to their union over there.....and the idiots who voted it in.....) i just wonder if they thought they would be protecting the pensions? might work....... and i am putting away 6% of 29000 into a 401k wow....i will be very well off at 60......

Good for the flight attendants. I am glad to see someone is not willing to roll over and take it for a change!

Green said:
You got to give kudos to the fa's for having the balls (figuratively speaking) to stand up to managements' bs. They have shown much more grit than most pilot groups who have talked big and then accepted excessively onerous concessionary contracts.
The F/A's and Mechanics have the biggest balls of all! How pathetic NWA Pilots, and all Pilots who accepted substandard contracts in the last 2 years..ie UAL, USAir, Delta You all can learn something from the F/A's at NWA!!!

Yea but cheer up DW is drawing a line in the sand at XJ!!

CHAOS, or Create Havoc Around Our System (tm)

What its "trade marked" - WTF?
How am I going to get to work? They weren't thinking about me, when they voted this thing down. Should'nt it be "Create Havoc Around Their System" or CHATS (tm).

Remember that Northwest's DIP/Exit financing requires contracts with all of the unions. So even with the one imposed on the FAs they still need a TA to get their financing. I think that's why NWA is meeting with AMFA in August.

mynameisjim said:
Remember that Northwest's DIP/Exit financing requires contracts with all of the unions. So even with the one imposed on the FAs they still need a TA to get their financing. I think that's why NWA is meeting with AMFA in August.
No they already secured exit financing reguardless of the union contracts.

Latest resources

Back