Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Second Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
320AV8R said:
Do some research on the Legacy pay rates vs. the LCCs pre- 911.

Take a look at AMR, UAL, DAL...... compared to the LCCs. The lower LCC cost allowed for lower ticket prices, which ate the Legacy's lunch. The adjustment was to re-align with the LCCs.

You SW guys are now at the top of the totem pole. Better watch out, your Mgmt is at the bottom gasing up the chain saw.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I agree with the fact that the costs at the LCC's were lower, but I think there are a few more factors involved than just pay rates. SWA\FO is exactly right (this time). When shat hit the fin, management at your airline had a vision for the future that involved breaking the high labor contracts. One of the little tricks they got many of you to believe was that your concessions were necessary due to lower labor costs at other carriers. That led to the rash of incidents where the jumpseat was being denied. What they failed to also mention, of course, was their own failures, amongst a whole rash of other things that had a little (sarcasm here) more to do with it. Each to their own opinion, and believe what you want, I think it's been touched on here once or twice before. I have the position of being furloughed from a major and currently employeed by an LCC, and I certainly do not blame my current pay rate for why I am here. You state that "The adjustment was to re-align with the LCCs." A major just posted a quarterly profit of $300 million and B6's profit was $14 million? Were the huge concessions that necessary? IF COMPANIES CONTINUE TO POST HUGE PROFITS LIKE THE AFOREMENTIONED WILL THE PAYSCALES BE READJUSTED? I doubt it. Furthermore, I am willing to bet that when Steenland is finished NWA will post similar numbers...huge profits shortly after deep concessions. And after this happens you can factor in your payscales prior to the paycuts and I bet you see that NWA could have still posted a huge profit. This is purely speculation, my own crystal ball, but you drink free beer on me some night if I am wrong.

IB6 UB9 said:
When shat hit the fin, management at your airline had a vision for the future that involved breaking the high labor contracts.

Good post and all spot on, except for the Oilers in 2007.:smash:

SWA/FO said:
That is what your management wants you to think. Looks like you have signed onto that one.
Your loyal SWA customers are pissed SWA no longer has lowest price.

http://www.nwaafa.org/default.asp?id=275

For Immediate Release: August 1, 2006
AFA-CWA Gives Northwest Airlines 15-Day Strike Notice

CHAOS ™ To Begin on August 15

Washington, DC - Northwest Airlines flight attendants, represented by the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA-CWA), last night informed the company of their intent to exercise their right to strike in 15-days. Effective August 15 at 9:01 pm, CHAOS could arrive at Northwest Airlines.

"Northwest flight attendants have been pushed too far. Now we're going to push back," said Mollie Reiley, Interim Master Executive Council President. "There is only so much we can give. The wage and benefit cuts that Northwest management has imposed on us are far too deep, especially with all the executives getting in line for huge bonuses. We're now going to show these executives that there are consequences to their greed."

CHAOS, or Create Havoc Around Our System™ is AFA-CWA's trademarked strategy of targeted work actions using random, unannounced strikes. Actual targets are a closely guarded secret. AFA-CWA maintains that any unilateral change to a collective bargaining agreement under the Railway Labor Act is prohibited and, therefore, triggers the right to strike.

For over 60 years, the Association of Flight Attendants has been serving as the voice for flight attendants in the workplace, in the aviation industry, in the media and on Capitol Hill. More than 55,000 flight attendants at 20 airlines come together to form AFA-CWA, the world's largest flight attendant union. AFA is part of the 700,000-member strong Communications Workers of America (CWA), AFL-CIO. Visit us at www.afanet.org .

Take that tired ol horse down girls,,,take er down. Give that soon to be SCAB based sh1t-box a fitting death.

Last edited:
YourPilotFriend said:

But they will pay more for the better service. Seems to me that the product probably matches the price for some carriers.

canyonblue said:
Seems to me that the product probably matches the price for some carriers.

No, trust me, those rock-bottom prices at NWA are actually overpriced for the (lack of)service that you get.

You SW guys are now at the top of the totem pole. Better watch out, your Mgmt is at the bottom gasing up the chain saw.

Your not talking about Southwest Airlines, the highest paid pilots in the industry! Remember, we don't have the $hitty management, you do.

Nice that you used the word "loyal" we do have loyal customers. Our load factors are up baby! up!! Way up!!!

Latest resources

Back