Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Second Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
320AV8R said:
Whatever, pal. I guess WE sold out, but the UAL, USAir & DAL guys didn't.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

No, all of you sold out. NWA was just the worst example of it.

PCL_128 said:
No, all of you sold out. NWA was just the worst example of it.

Wow....great insight from the RJ captain.

Maybe you can negotiate a 100% pay raise and show us how it's done!

320AV8R said:

Well-RJ captain is much higher on the food chain than a little wet-eared co-pilot (at any level).
Show you how it's done? Nah..... purty much impossible.
Still hidin' behind your FA's there, Skippy?

320AV8R said:

If you don't want to listen to the lowly RJ Captain (because mainline arrogance has served you so well thus far :rolleyes: ), then perhaps you should listen to NWA A330 Captain Ray Miller, Council 20 Chairman. His scathing attack against that TA was far and above anything I've ever said. Too bad more of you don't have the common sense that Captain Miller has.

Here you go, dumbsh*t:

320AV8R said:
What do you base your statement on? Did the UAL, USAir, & DAL pilots cave also? Or could it have something to do with:

--the industry being in the toilet since 9-11

--the industry losing more in the last few years than it has ever made...ever

--oil being at all time highs.....the highest ever

--LCCs operating at a lower cost, because their employee costs are lower
Your own statement, buddy.

Control yourself. I stated that the FINANCIAL DYNAMICS of the LCC model put pressure upon ALL Legacy carriers to restructure. Why the f*ck do you think UAL, DAL, USAir & NWA went into CH 11? Get A fukkin clue.
No, that's NOT what you said. Read your own quote and get your own fu*king clue.

And NOW you're going to blame the LCC's as the SOLE reason the legacy carriers filed Ch. 11? Smoke crack lately?

Whatever, pal. I guess WE sold out, but the UAL, USAir & DAL guys didn't.
I didn't say that. YOU are the one who dragged the other airlines into this, I was reminding you that the NWA did indeed cave on their TA. Since this posts is about NWA flight attendants and red tails in general, I didn't see the need to draw them into it, but if you insist, yeah, they caved, too.

Read my post again and actually THINK about your response this time, based upon your previous responses and try to make them all agree with each other. I know it will be difficult, but you'll manage somehow.

It's pretty funny how a bunch of regional and LCC guys always make you look stupid. Wait a second, you do a pretty good job of that on your own. You and YPF and the dipwit from YIP should probably get a crashpad together.

ironspud said:
Well-RJ captain is much higher on the food chain than a little wet-eared co-pilot (at any level).

Really?

NWA 747-400 FO $123 /hr

PCL RJ CA $ 76 /hr

www.airlinepilotpay.com

Last edited:
PCL_128 said:
If you don't want to listen to the lowly RJ Captain (because mainline arrogance has served you so well thus far :rolleyes: ), then perhaps you should listen to NWA A330 Captain Ray Miller, Council 20 Chairman. His scathing attack against that TA was far and above anything I've ever said. Too bad more of you don't have the common sense that Captain Miller has.

Yea....too bad.

It's not just me, 64% of the pilot group didn't want to listen to him.

A lot of hot air, but no plan. When pressed on the issue, he could not explain the results of his suggestions.

WRT us being the worst sellouts......

--our NB guys have work rules, trip rigs, min days, etc...... the NB UAL guys don't.

--our sick leave is capped at 1200 hours...... the America West guys top out at 500 hrs a year.... Alaska at 800 hours.

--we top out at 40 vacation days per year.... USAir is at 21 days.

--we are holding onto our pension...for now. The UAL, USAir & DAL guys didn't.

Last edited:
Lear70 said:
Here you go, dumbsh*t:

Get fuct....'m not a dumb********************.

--LCCs operating at a lower cost, because their employee costs are lower

Your own statement, buddy.

Quote:
Control yourself. I stated that the FINANCIAL DYNAMICS of the LCC model put pressure upon ALL Legacy carriers to restructure. Why the f*ck do you think UAL, DAL, USAir & NWA went into CH 11? Get A fukkin clue.
No, that's NOT what you said. Read your own quote and get your own fu*king clue.

Dude-

EMPLOYEE COSTS and FINANCIAL DYNAMICS ARE THE SAME THING.

The point is.....the LCCs had a LOWER COST STRUCTURE.....due to LOWER employee costs, LOWER aircraft lease rates, LOWER labor costs (less employees per aircraft, etc).

That's the way they structured themselves. The legacies were old-school dinosaur models. UAL had five times the employees as SWA to do the same thing. The LCCs had a system that worked, & the Legacies had to adapt.

UAL & DAL pilots were making big coin...... for a little while. Then the ax fell. It was UAL, USAir, NWA & DAL.

The financil model transformed the Legacies into big LCCs. Just like the big US automakers after the intrduction of Toyota, Subaru, Honda, etc...

Relax.......

wow

320AV8R said:

mmmm, lets see, pinnacle is fighting the hard fight right now, i as of now totally respect those pilots than those of NWA, lets see, alpas fearless leader went on and on about brand scope and one of the main things NWA did in their last contract, besides take industry lows on everything.....was to specifically take away jobs from Mesaba......i.e take the Avros away and create yet another feeder.....great job.....considering when 90% of the pilots there will not take a job at Compass.....pay is too low....wow, i think i will apply there, get a seniority number, make more pay, and then start bitchin cause thats what NWA people do the best.......Oh, and I personally do not think any NWA pilot has the right to bash any SWA pilot......seriously......look at what they have......

Latest resources

Back