No MDA pilots take Republic deal..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stb

Causes Republic July 19, E-170 class to cancel.

Saw this on another web site.
If this is true, one pilot group is taking a stand of "One for All" against management.

Any MDA pilots confirm or deny?

i heard they asked for 10cap and 10fo to sign up, and tride to bribe them with being check airman etc.

Nice job guys

Mda

mnalpha said:
i heard they asked for 10cap and 10fo to sign up, and tride to bribe them with being check airman etc.

Nice job guys

I can confirm that it is true. They went down the entire seniority list and all but 3 said no.

Pardon my ignorance, but why did everyone say no?

What is ALPA telling you guys will happen now that you have turned Republic down?

SlapShot said:
What is ALPA telling you guys will happen now that you have turned Republic down?

ALPA has the deer in headlights look; no stance on the issue.

USAirways Mgmt. cant believe that 20 pilots didn't jump on the deal offered.
If 100% pilot group can't go to Repulsive then none will go mentality has caused some unforseen problems.

MDA pilots have retained outside council against ALPA and USAirways.

Two MDA pilots have been elected to the PHL LEC yesterday and called for a special meeting concerning MDA/REP.

Finally a group, (US DOH 1987 to ALG/PDT) of pilots on the same page trying to stop the race to the bottom.
Who says mainline and wholly owned pilots cant work together?

This should get interesting.

Last edited:
Since I don't know what was being offered to begin with could you summarize that too? Is Republic just taking over Mid-Atlantic or what?

Hey STB, :confused: Republic has done nothing to warrant the name calling. It is not a whipsaw, it is unionized, and is offering MDA jobs. By the way, it was only a 1 year training contract, not two. And why is check airman a "bribe", it's a friggin opportunity, that didn't have to be offered. They don't take, we just staff with our own pilots.

Please save your derogitory remarks for airlines that have earned the label.

Republic has done nothing wrong, but try to get the best deal possible, just like many airlines have done in the past. If you could only see what MDA was asking for, you would not be so quick to speak. I have every respect for the MDA guys. They have been through alot. So come on over at $80.00 an hour as a check airman. Welcome

STB, spread some goodness.:)

DiverDriver said:
Since I don't know what was being offered to begin with could you summarize that too? Is Republic just taking over Mid-Atlantic or what?

This is what was posted on an earlier thread.
July 1, 2005

To All MidAtlantic Pilots:

As we move forward with the sale of our EMB 170 aircraft to Republic Airways, we will begin transitioning pilots to Republic Airways shortly. An initial pilot training class is being planned July 18, 2005 and will be offered in seniority order to all MidAtlantic pilots per Letter of Agreement # 91. The first class will be comprised of 10 Captains and 10 First Officers. This first group will complete approximately two weeks of indoctrination training followed by either two or three simulator sessions. Once training is complete, you will participate in proving run flights with the FAA in advance of Republic Airways completing their FAA certification. After this phase, most will have the opportunity to qualify for a Check Airman position.

Further information concerning Republic Airways is attached as well as placed on the ALPA website and theHub. We will begin calling pilots July 5, 2005 and will be closing the first class by July 8, 2005. Captains accepting employment at Republic Airways will receive Captain's pay in accordance with their MidAtlantic longevity. First Officer's pay will be at Republic Airway's First Officer top-of-scale pay.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your exemplary service to US Airways and to MidAtlantic Airways in particular. Your "can do" attitude was an integral part of the successful start up of a new division with a new aircraft type. We know your job has not been an easy one and we appreciate all your efforts in making MidAtlantic a successful division for our Company.

In the coming days, more information should become available concerning the transition to Republic Airways. As soon as we know more, we will share that information with you.

Stay tuned and thanks again for your continued efforts.

Sincerely,

LyleHogg
Senior Director-Flight Operations

J4J PARTICIPATING CARRIER INFORMATION
CARRIER
Republic Airways
INDOCTRNCITY STL
SIMTRNCITY YUL/CLT/MCO
TRN START TIME 1st DAY 0800
CONTRACTUAL TRN NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENT
PAY FOR TRN
Minimum Guarantee 75 hrs (no per diem)
HOW MANY DAYS FOR TRN 3 weeks
TRNSITE
ADDRESS
STL
FSI 4619 LeBourget Drive, St. Louis MO 63134
TRANS TO TRN (HOME TO TRN)
Company will provide transportation to and from Training
Are pilot required to sign a TRN Contract
YES (2 YEAR)
Amount: $15,000 (prorated)
PAY RATES (effective 10/1/05)
CAP 1 $56.26
F/O $35.20
C/P 2 $59.57
C/P 3 $63.62
MINIMUM MONTHLY GUARANTEE
Minimum Monthly Guarantee 75 hours
J4J AIRLINE DOMICILES
DCA, PIT & IND
EQUIPMENT
EMB 170
TOTAL # AIRCRAFT
WHILE IN TRN
STL
Double Tree Bridgeton Road, St. Louis MO
HOTEL EXPENSES
Hotel accommodations based on double occupancy during initial training.
TRNS FROM HOTEL TO TRN
Hotel Van
MEDICAL BENEFITS
30 day waiting period
NOTE: COBRA option available

That offer is REPULSIVE!

Last edited:
ASH said:
If you could only see what MDA was asking for, you would not be so quick to speak.

From Learlove's post, they want what was already agreed upon by LOA 91.

ASH, if it make's you feel better how about Mid-Titanic.

Latest resources

Back