• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No MDA pilots take Republic deal..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm tired of this crap that CHQ is the bad guy.....US Air needs money, we have it. We purchased the aircraft and offered the MDA pilots a position within the company. Come over or don't, I don't give a $hit....What else ya got lined up??? NOTHING

When I got furloughed in 95 I had no one handing me a job....And you guys wanna bitch about $56 bucks an hour!!!??? What will you be making at home sitting on your couch?

And to those Shuttle guys bitchin about being intergrated.....boo hoo, It sucks that you have to go from the right seat of a Saab to the right seat of an E-jet with a pay increase. Jesus

Go ahead and flame this....I don't give a rats a$$

Perhaps the MDA guys are having problems going to an airline that dosnt even have a certificate for the 170 yet. Question, why such a quick offer for Check Airman positions and proving run help? Does Republic not have any Pilots who can do this?

ASH said:
NOT TRUE.

They came in demanding SUPER SENIORITY, based on their US AIRWAYS DOH!!!!!!!

They did not even let us counter-offer, they said it will just go to arbitration then. They were not even wanting to make a deal, or meet half-way, so this is what you get.
And the training contract has been amended, it is only 1 year. Their are other things on that letter that have been changed also.
It was grace that we offered anything. THIS IS AN ASSET PURCHASE

Hope you enjoy the car salesman coming with your car when you buy it, oh, wait he's till back at the dealership isn't he?;)

Let me try and explain a little.

Mda is operated as a seperate unit under the Airways certificate. it is called officially the EMB 170 division of US AIRWAYS. While MDA shares many items and services with Airways, we have our own dispatchers and schedulers. (those folks work from the same place as ML) Republic is buying all aircraft, the simulator, the Door trainer, and other associated 170 items. IE all of the 170 operation. After this deal is done the US Airways dispatchers ect. will not control the 170, republic will. Sounds like a change of control to me! But hey maybe that is not enough for you. Try this on, LOA 91 also states that the change of control provision will also apply upon the sale of 36.5% of the aircraft. I am not a math major but all of the aircraft is more that 36%. So just because your management and ours claim this is just an Asset sale does not make it so.

Besides all that, no matter what the outcome, you at republic will have 100% of the aircraft as soon as the Airways pilots can get out. I can almost say to a man that will happen just as soon as humanly possible. So worst case your new hires or the guys that havent even been hired yet might have to fly in the right seat for a year or two before upgrade. If somebody told me I would get 25 more aircraft in two years or less, that would be good news, that is what you are getting! This does not count the 3 from Brazil or all the flying you are getting from United.

Last edited:
FR8mastr said:
Let me try and expain a little.

Mda is operated as a seperate unit under the Airways certificate. it is called officially the EMB 170 division of US AIRWAYS. While MDA shares many items and services with Airways, we have our own dispatchers and schedulers. (those folks work from the same place as ML) Republic is buying all aircraft, the simulator, the Door trainer, and other associated 170 items. IE all of the 170 operation. After this deal is done the US Airways dispatchers ect. will not control the 170, republic will. Sounds like a change of control to me! But hey maybe that is not enough for you. Try this on, LOA 91 also states that the change of control provision will also apply upon the sale of 36.5% of the aircraft. I am not a math major but all of the aircraft is more that 36%. So just because your management and ours claim this is just an Asset sale does not make it so.

Besides all that, no matter what the outcome, you at republic will have 100% of the aircraft as soon as the Airways pilots can get out. I can almost say to a man that will happen just as soon as humanly possible. So worst case your new hires or the guys that havent even been hired yet might have to fly in the right seat for a year or two before upgrade. If somebody told me I would get 25 more aircraft in two years or less, that would be good news, that is what you are getting! This does not count the 3 from Brazil or all the flying you are getting from United.

Thank you for the above response. It was exactly what this thread needed some calm without the bashing. I think the pilots at CHQ are very excited about this but are tired of being the pariah for what their management has done.

Im not a math major either, but doesn't US have more than 25 aircraft? MDA is opperated under US's certificate, so how do you get 36.5% when you take into account all of US's aircraft?

IF MDA were on a seperate certificate I could see the "change of control" argument, but seeing that you operate as a portion of US airways I don't see this as such. I could be wrong, I'm sure there is more going on then we know.

On a side note:I was a J4J at MESA. About 120+ J4J's signed up. In the 16 months I was there about 110 were off to greener pastures. Quite a few went to Cathay Pacific. Others to Net Jets, Net Jets International, Fed Ex. South West, DHL, Air Tran, Jet Blue, Contract 737's in China, corporate, etc..etc. Pretty much the whole spectrum of aviation. You can see the attrition rate was very high. We have seen similar rates at MDA with about 5 to 7 leaving per month. My point being is that everyone is looking for better jobs and if they do come to Republic they will not be there for long.

Popeye0537 said:
And to those Shuttle guys bitchin about being intergrated.....boo hoo, It sucks that you have to go from the right seat of a Saab to the right seat of an E-jet with a pay increase. Jesus

How about going from the left seat of the Saab to the right seat of the ERJ with a pay cut? Our most senior guy would be the most junior captain on your list and the rest of us would be integrated below that.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back