No MDA pilots take Republic deal..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FurloughedAgain said:
Thats not a very good comentary on the quality of jobs at Mesa... or potentially at Republic, is it?

Any J4J guys I've talked to that went to Mesa hated it. The J4J guys we have at CHQ are happy to be here and we're happy to have them. I've flown with almost all of them and they are class acts.

FR8mastr said:
Let me try and expain a little.

Mda is operated as a seperate unit under the Airways certificate. it is called officially the EMB 170 division of US AIRWAYS. While MDA shares many items and services with Airways, we have our own dispatchers and schedulers. (those folks work from the same place as ML) Republic is buying all aircraft, the simulator, the Door trainer, and other associated 170 items. IE all of the 170 operation. After this deal is done the US Airways dispatchers ect. will not control the 170, republic will. Sounds like a change of control to me! But hey maybe that is not enough for you. Try this on, LOA 91 also states that the change of control provision will also apply upon the sale of 36.5% of the aircraft. I am not a math major but all of the aircraft is more that 36%. So just because your management and ours claim this is just an Asset sale does not make it so.

Besides all that, no matter what the outcome, you at republic will have 100% of the aircraft as soon as the Airways pilots can get out. I can almost say to a man that will happen just as soon as humanly possible. So worst case your new hires or the guys that havent even been hired yet might have to fly in the right seat for a year or two before upgrade. If somebody told me I would get 25 more aircraft in two years or less, that would be good news, that is what you are getting! This does not count the 3 from Brazil or all the flying you are getting from United.

Ok, if that sounds like a change of control to you, what would you characterize as an asset sale. A few years down the road if Republic was to lose their codeshare with Airways would the control of these MDA assets go back to Airways or would they stay with their new owners. It sure seems like it would stay with Republic. If that's the case, it seems like an asset sale.

Capt.PoopyPants said:
Ok, if that sounds like a change of control to you, what would you characterize as an asset sale. A few years down the road if Republic was to lose their codeshare with Airways would the control of these MDA assets go back to Airways or would they stay with their new owners. It sure seems like it would stay with Republic. If that's the case, it seems like an asset sale.

This is not my idea, this is what the company agreed to in LOA 91. Personally if repulic was buying the sim? Sale... a few aircraft? sale... a combination? sale... The whole entire operation? change of control. Again this is what is in LOA 91

Bottom line Airways managment wants the 100mil. to pull it off they need to eliminate as many people as possible from the deal. Why you ask? because your boss wants the windfall of profits that come with these contract deals (cost plus). To pull this off your boss also does not want the people, only because your pilots will try and stop this. rightfully so. SO if these management types can rid themselves of the MDA pilots our management and yours are happy. But its not that easy, there is the J4J problem, the easiest solution for the brain trust is to make it the lowest possible number so the CHQ pilots will take it. Then it happened the MDA pilots drew a line in the sand and said NO! They will try and enforce the contract that Airways agreed too. The CHQ pilots WILL end up with ALL these AC in the end.

Popeye0537 said:
Right control of the 170 division....Not the 757,767,A330 etc. Does LOA 91 specify grouping of aircraft?

Crazy I know, but this was all managements idea as they tried to make MDA a seperate airline. That never happened but that is why it is the way it is. And yes LOA 91 does specify the the 170 aircraft.

Popeye0537 said:
Im not a math major either, .

No but your previous post is quite disapointing. This is America. Jet jobs aren't the only offer.

Before we sell out the profession maybe we should stick together and make it better....

Until you are with us...perhaps the couch is cool palce to hang out until you're ready.... and when you're ready we'll be happy to have you.....

You are either with us or against us....

-GWB or DV

FR8mastr said:
This is not my idea, this is what the company agreed to in LOA 91. Personally if repulic was buying the sim? Sale... a few aircraft? sale... a combination? sale... The whole entire operation? change of control. Again this is what is in LOA 91

Bottom line Airways managment wants the 100mil. to pull it off they need to eliminate as many people as possible from the deal. Why you ask? because your boss wants the windfall of profits that come with these contract deals (cost plus). To pull this off your boss also does not want the people, only because your pilots will try and stop this. rightfully so. SO if these management types can rid themselves of the MDA pilots our management and yours are happy. But its not that easy, there is the J4J problem, the easiest solution for the brain trust is to make it the lowest possible number so the CHQ pilots will take it. Then it happened the MDA pilots drew a line in the sand and said NO! They will try and enforce the contract that Airways agreed too. The CHQ pilots WILL end up with ALL these AC in the end.

I agree that if LOA 91's wording shows this as a change of control then you guys should be going after what you can get. You have a case against Airways.

I'm really just tired of people bashing CHQ/Republic over this when they really don't know what's going on. We currently have Airways J4J jobs as you know, and they are a valuable part of this company. How many other Airways codeshare regionals have J4J's agreements. Not to mention J4J's guys that are still there. I know you weren't bashing CHQ, but others were. It's a decent pilot group that doesn't want to see any MDA guys on the street, Just whats fair for everybody.

Rez, you need to open up your eyes and see whats going on around you...this is America, the land of opprotunity. With all the sticking together what is that going to accomplish? Every pilot making $200k a year? Probably not, so what do you suggest I do.

Sit on the couch and watch my house be forclosed on, my car and boat repoed just so that a few can prove a point. I already stand behind my union, as weak as it may be, but it still looks out for me.

I guess you think all the problems with the Majors are the responsibility of the, or better from the regionals. You need to take a good look at yourself in the mirror and see I'm not your problem.

Latest resources

Back