No MDA pilots take Republic deal..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furloughed,

Well I was about to post something trite and cute....but tired today. Parity +1% was forced on the pilots, and the pilots had nightmares over it for about 2 yrs up to the Parity review date. The data came out....pay raises...management had a heart attack..the pilots trumpted their horns.....all politics.

As to the guy that said he didn't want to goto US air due to reading the 10-k's etc....well give him the benefit of the doubt....though hard to imagine saying..CHQ is a better gig then taking the shot at a major. THOUGH I do know quite a few guys that turned their noses up at UAL and SWA etc..during the 80's.....said there's no way in *ell they woulda worked at those places......but then the 90's UAL was THE place to get hired....then AA etc........it's all cyclic....UPS....now hot....used to be so-so........

The question, Crzipilot, is:

Was Chautauqua a better gig than US Airways in 1999?

Remember that was before the RJs...

before the multiple code-shares...

the company was still operating the Jetstreams...

Now there WERE people at Chautauqa in 99' who were better off at CHQ. Their quality of life was better at least. The difference in long-term pay was offset by their schedule and their ability to live where they wanted. Speaking specifically of the folks in upstate New York or Indy who were happy where they were.

Aside from those few people, nobody else had the vision to say that Chautauqua would become something more! As far as we knew it was destined to be what Colgan is today -- if we were LUCKY. There was no way to foresee what it would become.

One thing you and I agree on 100%

"but then the 90's UAL was THE place to get hired....then AA etc........it's all cyclic....UPS....now hot....used to be so-so........"

You're absolutely right. And I believe that the folks at airlines like AirTran and Jetblue will learn that lesson in the next decade or two.

Aside from those few people, nobody else had the vision to say that Chautauqua would become something more! As far as we knew it was destined to be what Colgan is today -- if we were LUCKY. There was no way to foresee what it would become

It has come a long way, that I will give you, but it's like playing ball and moving from a-aa-aaa, it's still the minors. And like Toby says, that means minor pay!

stb said:
Something tells me that FlyingDawg was not offered a job after their interview with USAirways.

Benefit of the doubt Flyingdawg, which airline TODAY offered you a flying position would you accept and not accept?

Didn't apply to US.

Just look at any airline just like you would a stock investment. Earnings isn't everything. Cash is.

Most important is Cash from Operations. This adds back those noncash expenses. Depreciation on aircraft and equipment can add up!

Net Cash Flow should also be considered.

Good Bets: LUV, CAL, ALK

Bad Bets: DAL, NWAC, UAL, U

Just a quick note in addition to $44 million in earnings, RJET had $116 million in cash flow from ops and $24 million in net cash flow. Not too bad of a place to hang out until the airline duststorm settles.

Back to the topic.

Last edited:
FlyingDawg said:
Didn't apply to US.

Just look at any airline just like you would a stock investment. Earnings isn't everything. Cash is.

Most important is Cash from Operations. This adds back those noncash expenses. Depreciation on aircraft and equipment can add up!

Net Cash Flow should also be considered.

Good Bets: LUV, CAL, ALK

Bad Bets: DAL, NWAC, UAL, U

Just a quick note in addition to $44 million in earnings, RJET had $116 million in cash flow from ops and $24 million in net cash flow. Not too bad of a place to hang out until the airline duststorm settles.

Back to the topic.

I agree, especially since Wexford Capital is involved. There is big financial backing when you have the likes of Warren Buffet running the show at Wexford. Republic Holdings will never be hurting for cash and Buffet wouldn't be involved if he felt this was the case. I was doing my sim training up in Montreal and our Flight Safety instructor (retired UAL guy) said he read an article where a financial analyst stated that after all the dust settles in the industry (ie. mergers) there will be 2 regionals that will have a stronghold on the market: Republic Holdings and Skywest. I know that's not saying much since it's coming from an industry analyst but interesting none the less.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back