• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Downgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, wait. Should I have quoted a source?

Billy Jean, Chief Caterer at NJA CMH (ext. 495), told Nancy in scheduling, who told Bill in MX, who told Ted in dispatch, who told me that the punch bowl was empty.

I'll need to confirm with Dave in security first though.:rolleyes:

99, that was exactly my point. Nobody below Bill Olsen would know one way or the other. Your management friend was at what level? I'm not shooting the messenger. I'm calling BS on the numbers you were given I could care less who said it. The furlough number could be correct but I can't see the downgrades being that high... if any.

When the other fracs downgraded and laid off due to the economy, was there an increase in broken planes and f calls leading to increased sell offs? Remember, mgmt is there to cut costs in any way shape or form.[/QUOTE]

Everyone understands that management must cut costs. I never heard about increases at other fractionals. I have heard of slight increases at NJA since the furlough, but not out of frustration or anger, just due to working harder and being truly fatigued more often. I'm not saying I don't believe another round of furloughs won't happen or that some downgrades may happen, but without a double dip those numbers (275 and 410) are not needed and would cause labor trouble. Nobody was happy that the last round of furloughs happened, but there isn't really labor trouble now because the pilots understand they were necessary. A modest cut may not bring problems, but massive downgrades would be downgrading the pilots who fought for the '05 contract and know every last place an airplane may have a problem on a preflight.

Based on past experience I'd say that any rumor that wasn't just pulled out of the air, usually has some sort of substance to it... I remember all those 'senior" guys saying.."eh don't worry they can't possibly furlough because of xyz" they made it sound like they really knew what they were talking about...Hmmm, they were a bit off the mark wouldn't ya'all say..

Now there are guys saying, they can't downgrade/furlough because of xyz.... Same sh.it different year. If there is a will there is a way. Management usually holds most of the cards and somehow usually gets what they want/need.

I def. hope 99 is wrong, but won't be bit suprised if his numbers prove right.

I don't know wether to get pissed at 99 (for freaking out 275 people ) or say "THANKS for the heads up"....

Still, I bet the furlough-number changes about 20 more times. it'd be as low as 50 and go as high 900..... this is what pilots do, and there is nothing anybody can do to stop it. NOTHING .....

OK, I was bored tonight so I looked a little further into this 410 number. Here's how it breaks down...

I looked at the 410 junior PICs including NJI's G-IV captains. (Yes, I went through them one by one)

If the company downgrades 410 pilots tomorrow, the following fleets will lose this many captains:

BE-400: 35
Ultra: 68
Encore: 40
Encore +: 39
XL: 99
Sov'n: 31
Cit X: 12
G200: 5
G-IV: 82

That's the breakdown of it. As you can see, you'd have to put all of these fleets into permanent disposal in order to downgrade PICs from the individual fleet. The first thing that stands out is the G200. We've been hearing from just about every department that the G200 is the most popular airframe when it comes to owner satisfaction. I also don't see them getting rid of the 680. That's too popular of an airplane as well. They have plans to get two more in 2011. Could that have changed? Absolutely, but I would highly doubt it. The second thing that sticks out is that 82 G-IV captains would be affected. How many do they have total? How many airframes do they have?

Like I said, I was bored tonight. Wife working late so I wanted to put this BS into a little better perspective. Yes it takes time, but I would urge anyone who wishes to start these types rumors to do the homework first before coming on here and shooting from the hip.

410? HIGHLY UNLIKELY!

When the news isn't being reported through the proper "Pilot Side" channels then what the hell do you people think will happen??

It will get reported in other places such as "Flight Info".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back