• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correction

Coming soon to an NJA near you:

275 more furloughs.
410 Downgrades
XL, Encore, Ultra, BBJ, 400XP, 800XP all in disposal.

275 furloghs are possible January 2011, but not probable. The downgrades have already happened 73 to G. The fleets listed should all go into disposal and be replaced by CJ4, and CE680. I would not call BJ to CJ4 a downgrade but I can see a total of 410 being reseated in a different aircraft, not downgraded.

Fly safe, see you in 2014.

Source is someone who very recently left management.

You are correct, all of those fleets will have to be in disposal, and very soon they all will be. Those are the ones that are currently in disposal. ICOM to follow.

The only person who left management lately that would ANY information about possible furloughs and/or downgrades is Bill and I highly doubt he told you that. Therefore, I'm going to go out on a limb and say your source is full of ********************. If it WAS in fact Bill that told you that, we'll hear about it soon enough but for you to come on here and spread FUD while we have guys barely hanging on is completely unprofessional and unethical.

There's a GV Capt in your "410" downgrade range. Ya think they'll put the V into disposal status? Time to get back to your flight simulator and let the big boys handle this.

Exactly, the guy's full of ******************** and wants to be heard. His source is ******************** and he knows it.

This is an internet rumor/discussion forum. The kind of stuff posted is exactly what this board is all about. Hopefully the OP has some integrity and is at least reasonably sure of his info. I doubt anybody is callous enough to post stuff like that just to get their jollies knowing full well it's pure fiction.

I hate to be the one to remind you, but most of the very same naysayers on this thread also tried to shout down the folks predicting the original furloughs. I hope this guy's info is incorrect, but it won't be the first time you guys were wrong about happenings at NJA.

Attacking the messenger doesn't invalidate his message. Is he correct? I don't have the foggiest. The numbers he gave were pretty specific. Instead of going after him your time would be better spent snooping around internally to see if there's any substance to his info. YMMV.

Caveman, there's no doubt that another round of furloughs is possible. Not going to deny that. The numbers that 99 quotes are a bit outlandish though. 410 downgrades? If a former executive actually told him that, it would mean permanent disposal of quite a few airplane models. While some make sense, others don't. Without going into any specifics, the junior 410 captains at this company cover a wide array of fleets. I simply can't see all of those fleets being put in PD.

G200-

There are people besides Bill who have left management recently. Just because there is no ICOM does not mean that other things aren't going on. Please don't shoot the messenger just relaying what I was told.

Go get back on your exercise bike.

G200-

There are people besides Bill who have left management recently. Just because there is no ICOM does not mean that other things aren't going on. Please don't shoot the messenger just relaying what I was told.

Go get back on your exercise bike.

be99, Go back to your room little man while I plow your mom.

I hate to be the one to remind you, but most of the very same naysayers on this thread also tried to shout down the folks predicting the original furloughs. I hope this guy's info is incorrect, but it won't be the first time you guys were wrong about happenings at NJA.

Agreed. I thought the Columbus Kool-Aid punch bowl ran dry last November. Apparently I was wrong.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back