• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Downgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does he mean that the older versions of the XL and 800XP would be leaving while the newer versions (i.e, XLS and 800XPC) would remain? I understand that this post could be complete BS. I just can't imagine such large fleets would be completely gutted.

I was in STL the other day and a NJ Capt was saying that exact number (275) for upcomming furloughs. I wasn't going to post on that alone, but now it seems backed up.

If this this true, can the ethics hotline be called on DS? Didn't he says baring any DOWNTURN in the economy, no further reductions would be necessary. Now the DOW is up and we are furloughing?

I can tell you all that I have been on FI for about a month and am completely disappointed with the quality of thought and depth of clarity this group of pilots has. I don't mean everybody, this is a general statement.

Hey, you got this place figured out: one grain of truth hidden amongst a desert full of ......erroneous information......

But it does kill a couple hours a week......

Does he mean that the older versions of the XL and 800XP would be leaving while the newer versions (i.e, XLS and 800XPC) would remain? I understand that this post could be complete BS. I just can't imagine such large fleets would be completely gutted.

As Griz pointed out, the XL is not in disposal. Someday it will be, just like every a/c that becomes obsolete. The XL fleet remains one of the busiest and most popular, and between the XL and XLS, we have over 100 airframes. Unlikely either a/c will be disposed of for some time.

Of the H800XP, only the Honeywell version is in disposal, and has been since before the economic meltdown. The BBJ never was successful, and the 400XP is too restricted in so many ways. Encore line was a short lived Cessna product, and the Ultra is getting old. Whatever the situation, any a/c in disposal takes time. After market prices would plummet if we dumped a lot of airframes on the market at one time. That would be bad for us and the OEMs.

IMHO, no doubt we are consolidating and eliminating inefficienct and aging fleets. Five small cabin types is silly. Unlimited growth in the past prompted the purchase of whatever was available in numbers quickly, with little regard to productivity. Long term planning will hopefully lead to improved efficiency and utilization.

The last several tours, I have flown and heard lots of "Papa" suffixes on NJA callsigns. This means temp registration which means sales are improving. Company message traffic confirms this observation. While there are no guarantees, and a double dip could indeed prompt more cuts, don't believe trolls like this who obviously have an axe to grind.

I was in STL the other day and a NJ Capt was saying that exact number (275) for upcomming furloughs. I wasn't going to post on that alone, but now it seems backed up.

I heard Linus found a friend who also believes in the great pumpkin. That must make it true. The thread starter has at least found success in getting attention. I'll bet those on the bottom find comfort in posters like this.

Pervis, while I agree with most of what you said, I disagree with your assertion that "Papa" callsigns only mean shares were sold. Don't they use that callsign any time owners change on a tail? Such as, when an owner sells his share, or upgrades and no longer owns that tail, a new registration is generated and along with it, the "Papa" callsign?
As to the main subject of this thread, I would not be surprised with any news to come out of NJA until the economy is solidly in recovery. The only thing that would surprise me right now is a recall notice.

Nicely said Pervis and accurate from where I sit.

Jack, you are correct. However, I have noticed a significant increase, along with positive news from company. During the period of greatest losses and buy-backs last year, we didn't hear near this many Papa call signs.

I too would be suprised if any recalls were announced in the near term. I believe the catalyst for recalls will exceed the current increase in OT, fatigue calls, after midnights, and ferry flights to get crews home in a feeble attempt to reduce said after midnights. When we approach sell off limits and costs, then we will recall. Again, that's just my opinion. Sales will need to increase substantially before that happens. It will happen. The only question is when?

Papa call signs is not a very accurate indication since they can be a result of owners downgrading. But I'm not saying I dont believe you Pervis :)

Latest resources

Back