• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA announces 1000 applications for pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh... You are a management guy. Now your first posts where I thought you were in HR makes sense. :cool:

Glad u agree erosion tape coming off the vertical tail is an AOG item. Now, will you tell the CMH CPs that a patch coming off the tail deice boots should also be an AOG instead of a MEL.

Not management either. Maybe next I'll be one of the lawyers. After that, can I be one of the security contractors? Just because we differ in some opinions doesn't make me belong to a group you think is out to get you.

SG

I'm not saying its unsafe. It's in the MEL, if I get ramped and a FED asks me why peeling erosion tape isn't documented I get violated. So if I see it peeling it gets written up. That is a bad example.

Agreed. Again, I don't have the books with me at the moment. I thought a maintenance action was required to trim the peeled area, and then it can be placed on MEL.
There is no such thing as a good example, so I won't even try. Send it in captain.

SG

Some Guy,
As a former ACP, punitive scheduling DOES happen. I was there at a time when the ACP's sat between MCC and the schedulers. I've heard it, I've seen it and I have intervened in it to the point it became an awkward situation when I had to call the ADO. You have made some great points and I commend your attitude in your conversation, it is much appreciated. But just because you have never actually seen or heard it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'm here to tell you, it happens.

drvr

Some Guy,
As a former ACP, punitive scheduling DOES happen. I was there at a time when the ACP's sat between MCC and the schedulers. I've heard it, I've seen it and I have intervened in it to the point it became an awkward situation when I had to call the ADO. You have made some great points and I commend your attitude in your conversation, it is much appreciated. But just because you have never actually seen or heard it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'm here to tell you, it happens.

drvr

How long ago were you in the office?

You may be getting questions on maintenance gripes, but you should be getting no pushback.

We know we should be getting no pushback, but that's not reality. The reality is that we are getting pushback. I don't doubt that's because maintenance is feeling pressure, but it's still not acceptable.

Last edited:
We know we should be getting no pushback, but that's not reality. The reality is that we are getting pushback. I don't doubt that's because maintenance is feeling pressure, but it's still not acceptable.

Is it an attitude problem or are your concerns are being discounted? Again, escalate if you're being told to carry it. That shouldn't be happening.

2010-2011

I'm not going to sit here and tell you what you did or did not experience. I can tell you it's not common practice. They don't sit at theirs desks with the attitude of "I'm going to show him (or her)". I will tell you that as the day unfolds many decisions are made. Occasionally someone will speak out and say you can't do ___ because it could be construed at punitive scheduling. When that happens, it's discussed and another route may be chosen. I'm sure there are things that happen that many of you don't like. I don't believe for a minute that that these things are planned or are intended to be punitive. Maybe it was different a dozen years ago, but not now. All of us in our bubble know how demanding your daily routine is and you won't hear anyone say your job is easy. If they did, I'd be the first to disagree.

SG

I'm not going to sit here and tell you what you did or did not experience. I can tell you it's not common practice. They don't sit at theirs desks with the attitude of "I'm going to show him (or her)". I will tell you that as the day unfolds many decisions are made. Occasionally someone will speak out and say you can't do ___ because it could be construed at punitive scheduling. When that happens, it's discussed and another route may be chosen. I'm sure there are things that happen that many of you don't like. I don't believe for a minute that that these things are planned or are intended to be punitive. Maybe it was different a dozen years ago, but not now. All of us in our bubble know how demanding your daily routine is and you won't hear anyone say your job is easy. If they did, I'd be the first to disagree.

SG

SG, I'm not saying it's common practice, but I am saying it does happen. I was in ear shot on several occasions. When the ADO got involved, I overheard it before the pilot called in. That is why I intervened. I was a direct witness to their conversation prior to the phone call.

drvr

Not management either. Maybe next I'll be one of the lawyers. After that, can I be one of the security contractors? Just because we differ in some opinions doesn't make me belong to a group you think is out to get you.

SG

Wait..what? I thought u wrote somewhere that u r a MX Controller working next to the schedulers in the SOC? That's a non-management position?

Not sarcasm either. U seem a little paranoid with last reply. I wasn't trying to be insulting.

Now, how about those patches on the tail deice boots?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back