• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope. If JH said that, he must have been suffering from low blood flow to the brain.

Hahahahaha!!!!!! Well G4, we almost agree!!!!!

Personally, I thought he drunk called the union president!!!!!!

But, you may be correct on this one!!!!

Take care, Semore

Nope. If JH said that, he must have been suffering from low blood flow to the brain.

He isn't. He's following a play book written eons ago. The real question is, how many of these threats must you personally see, before you start understanding the fight at hand, and are willing to get into the trenches?

Too many fence sitters that have it easy today, watching the scene. Reminds me of a history lesson about the crowds of spectators at Bull Run/Manassas for you SAV boys. Apparently they left their partially digested picnic lunches on those same fields, when they realized what war was really about.

Is that even a credible threat? We all know Fractionals make their money selling new shares. Does anyone think canceling deliveries will hurt the pilot group more than the company? Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face!

It is not a credible threat IMHO, for many reasons:
1. Those aircraft orders were negotiated in 2011 and 2012 when no one was buying aircraft and NJ was able to secure steep discounts on the large purchases as a result.I doubt they could replicate those deals in today's economic environment.

2. NJ needs the aircraft to support demand.NJ and FO are both benefitting from the consolidation in the fractional space, with CitationAir and Avantair closing their doors and Flex being acquired by FO, which leaves just two major players left in the space.Demand is up, and NJ has not been able to keep up with demand, as evidenced by the large increase in subcontract costs.

3. NJ is still generating large profits despite the "expensive" pilots contract. NJ has reported profits exceeding $200 million for each of the last three years. While that may not be enough to satisfy Jordan, it is a very good profit and much better than what he would get if he cancels aircraft orders and stops recalling pilots.NJ is in the position now where they make money off of operations.More aircraft = more operations = more profit.

4. Jordan will not want to turn away business and drive people to other providers, which is what he would have to do if he cancelled the aircraft orders and stopped recalling pilots.

5. NJ took a beating last year during the busy season as they were caught behind the curve on demand.Many of those owners called Buffett directly to complain about the degradation in NetJets quality and service.If NJ were to cancel the orders, this would place even more pressure on the existing fleet and lead to another season of discontent.

Jordan wants to shows increases in profitability, which is why he is squeezing the unionized groups, just like he has done to the non unionized employee's pay and benefits, and the vendor community. Take a look at the meltdown in the procurement area if you want some insight into what happens when that is taken too far.That area has experienced over 100% turnover and the costs from the vendors are increasing rapidly.

NJ exceeded the selloff limit for last quarter so they have to recall 87 pilots by feb 1st. that should get to the bottom of the list.

No doubt! That was a reasonable well thought out post. Very different tune from nine years ago!

PS
do miss the avatar MO...

I'd like to think that all of my posts have been reasonable and well thought out.

The tone is different as the times and situation are different. Nine years ago people were on here vilifying Santulli, now I see many people wishing he would come back and return the company to its former glory.

What I don't understand is why there was so much emotion nine years ago when we had a CEO who actually cared about the business and strived to be the best in the business, actively advocating a zero defect rate approach. Now we have a CEO who doesn't care about the business, has an open disdain for aviation and the long term employees who built this company, and has analyses done to figure out how much pain they can inflict on the owners before they want to leave. Yet, with all that negativity there is less emotion and outrage on this board than there was nine years ago.

From my perspective, the outrage and negativity that was rampant on this board nine years ago was misplaced and inappropriate at that time, and now when that approach would be appropriate, it is strangely absent. Why were many people so vociferous in their criticism of Santulli nine years ago, yet now with Jordan, who is many times worse, is there so much apathy?

Hey this my thread!! You guys have given it great life. We were talking about airplane age. How is that condescending?

Yip, you need to stop saying "this is my thread". This was never your @##@$* thread. You may have started it, but it would have been started regardless and it belongs to the 495, of which I'm a part of.

You have ZERO "ownership" over this thread and would do best to piss off.

No one wants to read your crappy grammar and poorly spelled anti-union/anti-professional pilot (emphasis on the professional part) drivel anyway.

The fact that you don't realize you are being offensive by calling it "your thread", and continuing to post in it regularly when your original stake in it (finding out how soon you would lose the best pilots you have) has long since dried up says it all.

Yip, you need to stop saying "this is my thread". This was never your @##@$* thread. You may have started it, but it would have been started regardless and it belongs to the 495, of which I'm a part of.

You have ZERO "ownership" over this thread and would do best to piss off.

No one wants to read your crappy grammar and poorly spelled anti-union/anti-professional pilot (emphasis on the professional part) drivel anyway.

The fact that you don't realize you are being offensive by calling it "your thread", and continuing to post in it regularly when your original stake in it (finding out how soon you would lose the best pilots you have) has long since dried up says it all.
Hey I started it is my thread and that is ownership. As stated before thanks for giving it tremendous life. I picked up lots of intelligence on what was going on, keep my NJ furlough friends informed on what was going since the union wouldn't give them the time of day until the recalls started. But that is what friends do, help each other out in time of need. And you don't have to say thanks for what I did to keep bread on their table and roof over their head of 5 of the 495 when NJ kicked them out to the street. They did a good job and I consider them my friends. Yes they were good, but we have better.

BTW: See what a coupel colelge dergees does for speeling and gramar ;) You tkaing this all way to serosuily

Last edited:
YIP sucks......

BTW...sorry you were never able to work for a reputable company... Must feel like the minor leaguer who spends a lifetime in the minors as he watches the better players go pro.

Latest resources

Back