• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know of any coming from the majors. Spoke to a JB pilot the other day who had a friend get the recall notice. Said he is having to think really hard about coming back to NJ.

Nobody is leaving a major to come back to NJ. In fact I don't know anyone who has left JB, Spirit, Frontier, and even the few Allegiant guys are staying put. With the 10 year FO pay cap the long term money would be better at any of the LCCs and of course the Majors.

A reasonable post. However, my NJI job was terrific. And the Union forced us to merge. Force seems to be a large component of union activities, force and intimidation. Including sometimes on message boards. :)

And without said union you would be...

1) paying an "undisclosed but suggested $3000/yr for medical insurance.

2) giving up any possibility of holding the company accountable for delays in airlines getting you home, even though" they could have sent you home earlier.

3) not received any recovery time for said after midnight return to your base, unless you got home after 1800 on your first off day.

4) seen your sick day accrual cut in half, to 6 days per year instead of the 12 you enjoy now.

5) seen yourselves FORCED onto the 18 day schedule without any regard to your individual desires.

But all you see is the big bad union. Funny I'm seeing a great scene with Jack Nicholson, maybe you should just say "thank you" and move along.

Just the opposite. We're seeing line pilots of relatively decent seniority leaving the company for all kinds of airlines including Spirit and (gulp) Allegiant.

The numbers that we were given last week don't support that statement. Less than a third of those that have left this year went to a 121 and all of those were SIC's. Over half were LOA exhaustion or retirements, and unfortunately, a few deaths. Only a handful were unaccounted for. The rest may have been terminations but that wasn't disclosed.

These were the numbers presented to us.

Who presented those numbers?

I think a couple of Gulfstream PICs have gone somewhere ... Corporate gigs i think

One is in HK, another elsewhere in Asia, two left for Gulfstream's in-house Flight Department, and 6 others I know of retired. All senior PIC's. That's over the past 18 months. At least 3 more that I know say they are retiring soon. A couple of SIC's in the fleet have also left this year. No GLC furloughed pilot that I know of has accepted recall.

Meanwhile, at least a dozen pilots mentioned on the message board, by name, have left for AA, Delta, Spirit, JetBlue, and yes, Allegiant over the same time frame (I'm sure there are many more). Attrition this year is roughly double that of last year although many are retirements and, sadly, at least three untimely passings.

Latest resources

Back