• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thought it was 495. Perhaps 30 folks died. (not kidding--some were in late 60s/early 70s)

495 was never the exact number. It was the number the company originally announced, and that number just sort of stuck in our minds...

There were several "management pilots" who chose to surrender their seniority numbers in order to dodge the furlough which lowered the overall number.

If I recall correctly, the final count of actual furloughed pilots was 482.

495 was never the exact number. It was the number the company originally announced, and that number just sort of stuck in our minds...

Ahhh, that explains it. I bumped into a "seasoned" captain one night in a hotel van. I mentioned I was one of the 495 and he looked confused. The FO explain that I was one of the furloughed guys, but he still looked confused. All this time, I thought he didn't know guys were on furlough, turns out I was just using the wrong number. :)

When you get into your late 60s and 70s it is very hard to remember everything

Apparently including the fact that some in this industry are simply trying to feed their family and carve out some sort of 'career' while the "seasoned" crowd often continue to work out of "boredom" and the desire for a third motoryacht. (sorry- couldn't resist)

some resigned.

I'd presume that all resignations were under duress (as in new employer 'forced' them to give up recall rights in exchange for employment). Why would ANYONE voluntarily give up recall rights at ANY company?! I'm one of several at my airline who got caught in this scenario..and my company was the only one in this industry hiring at the time of the furlough. NetJets is the only unionized carrier that I know of who have honored forced resignation letters.

old guys 70+
if i have a crew bag and a walker when i airline, does the walker count as a personal bag?

sorry

back to the task at hand

old guys 70+
if i have a crew bag and a walker when i airline, does the walker count as a personal bag?

sorry

back to the task at hand

If one of the greedy old b*stards is airlining and they declare emergency; do they count him among "souls on board?" ...Or does it go something like this:

ATC: "Copy your emergency. Say Souls on board and fuel remaining"
Airline crew: "42,000 lbs; one hundred thrity five souls, two lawyers, one politician, and one geriatric NetJets pilot."

Latest resources

Back