• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Indeed. Without the contract forcing their hand, Sokol and his minions would have had us eating out of vending machines and doing recurrent training on our days off by the end of his first year. Count on it.

Absolutely not. We would leave and do other things, many of us, enough that Sokol would not have gone through with the vending machine scenario.

Absolutely not. We would leave and do other things, many of us, enough that Sokol would not have gone through with the vending machine scenario.

I prefer to work under a contract so my family and I can have some stability in our lives. I'm not a day laborer, moving from job to job.

One of our managers at Flops told one of my buds the other day during a disciplinary hearing, "There are 400 pilots out there right now, who want your job." Yea they are really scared of us all leaven right now.

So which is your favorite, Atlas Shrugged, or are you a Fountain Head kind of guy?

nice reality, but is does not match the posts of the underpaid, under appreciated NJ airplane drivers. I mean how can anyone live on $88k/yr as a F/O

My neighbor is a grocery store manager for Publix. He made over $120,000 last year and was home with his kids every night.

I was away from home 190 nights last year. (the equivalent to just over 6 months)

$88K isn't commensurate with the training and experience level the pilots at NJ posess - not even close.

Considering our peers with similar experience and qualifications at other (less profitable) companies are deep in the mid $100's, then yes I do wonder "how can anyone live on $88k/yr as a F/O."

nice reality, but is does not match the posts of the underpaid, under appreciated NJ airplane drivers. I mean how can anyone live on $88k/yr as a F/O

That figure is completely unsat for a self proclaimed "career destination" company. It's going to be a battle but when the dust settles in a few years hopefully we can secure an industry leading contract that fairly compensates its pilots for their job description and experience. We want our company to be wildly successful but management needs to realize that we aren't just units of a cost center. Most prefer the analogy of stakeholder in an enterprise in which many of us will remain long after this current EMT departs the property. Safety, service and professionalism aren't cheap.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back