• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was going to formulate a rebuttal to Fischman, then I read this post and it kinda says it all.
And no; I didn't go to pro-standards (the guy insisted on buying me a steak dinner after because he felt so bad putting all the undue stress on us). Another aspect is that he didn't want to study together at my request. And Fisch, is it really primarily my job to go 'turn him in'? Isn't it the examiners job to 'examine'? I definitely got the impression from FSI the few months I was there before furlough that there are two standards: one for the younger guys (like you and me), and one for the old-timers (like the sim partners both you and I referenced). Was the examiner even close to busting him in your case? Probably not.
Don't get me wrong; I'm not "bashing". Some of the people I most admire are in their 70s..and part of the reason I admire them is that they can recognize their limitations and limitations which father time brings to the table (which, IMHO, are inescapable).

You still want to fly at that age? Go do it!!-- in your own airplane. You still want to work at that age (I pray I don't have to)? Go do it!!-- in a job that doesn't involve you commanding a jet hurdling through the air at 500mph.

I got a steak dinner too.

I think its all about getting the Left Seat and nothing else ...
BTW- I'm in the left seat on the A320 after getting furloughed from NJA & I know that I'll probably NEVER be recalled even if I wanted to; so this notion is not true in my case.
My observation & argument is strictly in the interest of safety for your operation. I hope it doesn't take a few crashes to bring this issue to light "officially".

You upgraded over there in 3 years? Wow, didn't realize they were moving folks up so fast...
Yeah- but I'll be one of the most Jr. CAs (and on RSV) now for several yrs. We recently announced some drastic growth-stoppage plans to try to get profitable.

Yeah- but I'll be one of the most Jr. CAs (and on RSV) now for several yrs. We recently announced some drastic growth-stoppage plans to try to get profitable.

It is really nice to see and hear about folks who got furloughed from NJA and found good jobs elsewhere. I wish more stories like yours came to light.

Latest resources

Back