• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably just the yearly "push back" of the estimated recall... It went from 2012 to 2013 to 2015, and now maybe 2017....

Management doesn't want to just come out and say.. Hey guys, don't expect recalls (or upgrades) until a decade from now.. It wouldn't look good for them.. So they just "adjust" things year by year so it is not as noticeable, or news worthy....

Hansell is investigating UAVs.

A drone at top, directing drones. Perfect harmony. :p

Recall

2017 is from the company, keep in mind they are painting two pictures; first sales are up and profits great, next is economy and we're too expensive. This is management union busting 101.

Realitically recalls will probably be sooner, but don't hold on hope if a better job is available.

This is management union busting 101.
And when union demands can not be meet and the union puts the company out of business, are the union people called "company busters"?

And when union demands can not be meet and the union puts the company out of business, are the union people called "company busters"?

Wow, you really have lost touch with reality.

When a company posts $200+million dollar profits, buys billions of dollars worth of a/c. Has millions running through it every day. I think increases to the contract are not out of the question. Especially for SIC's who's top pay will not top $100k.

I know for someone like yourself, who has never worked for a respectable company, getting decent pay and work rules is probably something you've never experienced. But for the rest of us professionals, getting a salary and benefits above that of your average high school educated person, is not too much to ask.

And what's your interest in NJA anyways? Dreaming of being able to work at a respectable company?:rolleyes:

Heard things are starting to move over there again, but through terminations this time. Hostage taking 101.

Wow, you really have lost touch with reality.

When a company posts $200+million dollar profits, buys billions of dollars worth of a/c. Has millions running through it every day. I think increases to the contract are not out of the question. Especially for SIC's who's top pay will not top $100k.

I know for someone like yourself, who has never worked for a respectable company, getting decent pay and work rules is probably something you've never experienced. But for the rest of us professionals, getting a salary and benefits above that of your average high school educated person, is not too much to ask.

And what's your interest in NJA anyways? Dreaming of being able to work at a respectable company?:rolleyes:

Get that, YIP? You are only a Professional if you subscribe to the Union mentality. Even if the Union demands put the company out of business, don't you know.

No G4..you are a professional if you have enough respect for yourself to demand a nice living... Maybe it's not a popular view, but being a NJA pilot or a major airline pilot is a good profession.. A highly skilled profession.. Some pilots may think they are simply bus drivers.. But it's too bad for them that they don't take enough pride in themselves or their choosen profession...

I don't think we are doctors.. Or on their same level.. But we should be/are near the top of the food chain in terms of jobs and QOL. Someone like YIP has never worked for a highly compensated or highly respected company... I'm sorry, but I'm worth more than whatever the types of companies he's worked for pays...OR offers for QOL.

It may be fine for him, but in that case he can go to the "fly by night sh.itbag cargo operator" message board and spew his trash... I'm determined to make more than someone with zero skills can make..

Get that, YIP? You are only a Professional if you subscribe to the Union mentality. Even if the Union demands put the company out of business, don't you know.

Just curious, what union demands has our union made yet? You seem convinced that what we will ask will be unsustainable by the company.

We are posting over $200 million in profits for the past couple years. IN ADDITION, we have paid down nearly half of $2 billion in debt in just 2 years. When that debt is paid off in about 2 or 3 more years, then that money (by my calculations close to $500 million/year) will then be moved from the 'debt repayment' column to the 'profit' column on top of the already $200 million in profit.

If we were to get a raise of $90,000 for each pilot (no, i do not believe we'll get anywhere near that much), it would cost the company about $100 million. Considering it will probably take AT LEAST two years to hash this contract out, and our debt will be about paid off by then, what makes you think we'll be asking for anything that will put NJA out of business?

Of course, there are lots of factors, the biggest being what the economy does and how badly our government puts it to the rich and businesses, but as things are likely to improve, we take new aircraft, and perhaps evolve our business model further to meet an ever-changing market, we're likely to see NJA do at least fairly well. We made OVER $200 million in profit in a crappy economy with a shrinking fleet and remaining owners flying less hours.

My crystal ball isn't any better than anyone else's. These are just my thoughts. But I just find it funny that your implication is that the union will be the death of our company.

It's not about the union. It's about management, and if they know how to make sales.

Will us getting, say, a 35% raise really raise the cost of our product? I doubt it. Why? Because when I started with NJA (EJA back in those days) we were about 40% higher than charter. And we did well. Over the years, I have CONSISTENTLY heard that we're 35% more expensive than our competitors. Just recently, we were told in recurrent that we are 35% more expensive. Why is this significant? Because they have already made HUGE cuts in operating expenses across the board. We're talking well over $100 million in cost improvements. Heck, I'd bet just the savings in crewfood costs due to the 'IRS' ruling about taxing per diem with crews now mostly ordering only 2 meals a day has to amount to 10's of millions in savings. And yet, in spite of those huge savings, somehow we are STILL 35% more expensive than our competitors.

So I'm not worried that increasing our compensation package will cause our product to become more expensive.

Management will sink NJA quicker than NJASAP could dream. That 35% over the competition is why. NJA doesn't offer anything over the other operators. Recovery time my ass.

Latest resources

Back