• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a NJ Furlough and have heard nothing about a recall. Some people were saying the world was going to end on 12-21-2012 and yet here we are. I hope you're right about the recall, pilotyip. That would be good news for a lot of people.

I'm not NetJets, but it's no secret that the frac market is still shrinking, including at NetJets. The data comes from FAA registration databases. So unless you've had a lot of retirements...?

Heard on the street, NJ is looking at recalls of 20/mo starting this year

Squash this rumor now with a big NO.

Up until about 6 or so months ago NJ was threatening to furlough 300 more guys. Thankfully this mantra from the execs has subsided.

Are we still over staffed? You bet. From what I understand, after the last 20 Ultra left, no one has been displaced and these guys have been sitting home collecting pay checks for months. The Beechjet fleet has also been chopped in half (15 more planes) and these guys have also not been displaced either. From what I understand, the company is waiting to put the Ultra and Beechjet guys into the Phenom.

So at a minimum ratio of 5 pilots per plane, you are looking at at least 175 guys not needed and that's on top of other fleets that may be over staffed.

Wish the rumor was true. With aircraft deliveries the earliest recall probably wont come til 2015 (my guess). We probably wont hire again until the beginning of the next decade. That's if growth is good, and the older guys, who will be in their mid 70s at the time, retire.

Last edited:
The rumor from one of the last recurrent management meetings was that Hansel is counting on 10 percent attrition to keep properly staffed as the fleet shrinks. Until the majors spool up hiring I doubt we'll see more than 2% attrition since there is actually well under 10% of the pilot group that is 65 and older. You better believe you will see a mass exodus once there are good jobs to get since the new major airline contracts will be paying sic's more by the 2nd or 3rd year than they get here and there will be a better hope of captain in the next decade for those who leave. I don't see any recalls until some time in 2014 at the earliest and only if the company can actually keep from shrinking any more and lots of pilots (literally hundreds) leave for greener pastures.

NJ Recall

Yeah, I recall some. Not so much the SOPs or which catering was ok. Remember some about the winged tubes with wheels.

Guess I don't recall all that much... :p

The only way I see recalls happening is when we lose almost all our FOs to the majors, which could happen pretty soon as the age 65 retirements continue. Although most of the remaining recallees would rather fly for the majors, I suspect, because upgrade times here at NJA are so far away.

A good first start for recalls would be for the newly-elected NJASAP President to vacate his 18-Day schedule for the 7/7 schedule.

Latest resources

Back