• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NetJets is the only unionized carrier that I know of who have honored forced resignation letters.

The ball was dropped, fumbled, intercepted or simply kicked out of bounds when it came to NJASAP on that issue... I remember 2010-11 when this was a huge deal and seemed to be brushed aside by NJASAP

The ball was dropped, fumbled, intercepted or simply kicked out of bounds when it came to NJASAP on that issue... I remember 2010-11 when this was a huge deal and seemed to be brushed aside by NJASAP

I gathered as much. They'd be well informed to rectify it fairly soon (before recall letters go out), as I know of at least a few groups of the affected pilots grumbling about lawsuits; perhaps class-action in nature. The only remedy sought is simply their recall right/seniority list status restored.

There's a work around. Won't post it here, but it exists.

There's a work around. Won't post it here, but it exists.

Do tell. PM me if necessary & I can spread the 'rumor' amongst those I know who are affected. May save NJASAP & NJA some $$ in unnecessary legal fees.

Of course the ideal solution is for the company & NJASAP to simply contact the affected and state "Sorry for selling you down the river and honoring a forced resignation letter when you were simply trying to feed your family. Your recall rights and seniority have been restored." If Santulli were still there, that's how it would be addressed (actually would've never happened in first place). Just Say'in...

Posted it on the NJASAP furloughed page. Can you get on there?

Posted it on the NJASAP furloughed page. Can you get on there?

Well..no. We aren't furloughed in the eyes of NJASAP & NJA-- we are 'former employees'. All access to anything was shut down as soon as NJA received the bullsh*t forced resignation letters.

Like I said; either you can PM me and I could disseminate advisory info privately (not like I'm gonna say OPECJET told me), or strongly suggest to NJASAP to get in front of this issue before they get slapped with totally unnecessary legal fees. All they have to do is what's right. If some clandestine "work around" is the best they've got...I'm sure most guys will settle for that as long as it restores recall right/seniority.

Thanks...

So your saying that while your were furloughed, a job was offered to you. This job required you to give up your seniority number at NJ in order to accept it. NJASAP said take the job we are confident that resignations won't be honored by the company. You took the job and they honored the resignations. Is this correct?

So your saying that while your were furloughed, a job was offered to you. This job required you to give up your seniority number at NJ in order to accept it. NJASAP said take the job we are confident that resignations won't be honored by the company. You took the job and they honored the resignations. Is this correct?

I was lucky enough to get a job so soon after furlough that I didn't even get a chance to ask..and my new employer did not mention anything about a forced resignation letter until my 1st day of class. I've heard that subsequent guys who ended up in this situation were told by NJASAP that they will work with the company to disregard resignation letters. This obviously did not happen.

Guys-- this kind of scenario is "table stakes" at any unionized carrier. It is and has been understood by ALPA, teamsters, etc jointly with the respective managment.. that the only way a furloughee loses his recall status is literally if he dies. At my company alone--I have seen scores of Delta, United, American pilots return when recalled (despite the forced resignation letter). It's so commonplace and accepted as industry norm, that I'm actually surprised any of these sh*tbag employers even bother to have a newhire sign a forced resignation..as they are NEVER honored. -----Except at NJA apparently---
This is why I suspect that if it comes to litigation, there will be a lot of industry/CBA precedent and perhaps some evidence of "malpractice" on the part of NJASAP. (the fact that something as basic as this was overlooked and not addressed)

Malpractice on the part of NJASAP were do I begin. Anyone who thinks that NJASAP has supported the furloughed is wrong. Its been so bad and the refund dues thrown in our face so many times that many furloughed have wanted to pay the money back to the union just so they cannot say it anymore. There is no unity with respect to NJASAP and the furloughed.

I was lucky enough to get a job so soon after furlough that I didn't even get a chance to ask..and my new employer did not mention anything about a forced resignation letter until my 1st day of class. I've heard that subsequent guys who ended up in this situation were told by NJASAP that they will work with the company to disregard resignation letters. This obviously did not happen.

Guys-- this kind of scenario is "table stakes" at any unionized carrier. It is and has been understood by ALPA, teamsters, etc jointly with the respective managment.. that the only way a furloughee loses his recall status is literally if he dies. At my company alone--I have seen scores of Delta, United, American pilots return when recalled (despite the forced resignation letter). It's so commonplace and accepted as industry norm, that I'm actually surprised any of these sh*tbag employers even bother to have a newhire sign a forced resignation..as they are NEVER honored. -----Except at NJA apparently---
This is why I suspect that if it comes to litigation, there will be a lot of industry/CBA precedent and perhaps some evidence of "malpractice" on the part of NJASAP. (the fact that something as basic as this was overlooked and not addressed)

Two questions.

How do you know for sure until recalls at NJ begin? It's quite possible that the "workaround" can't be implemented until recalls start.

Why on earth would you want to come back? I still don't get why a junior guy (or girl) would come back staring at crappy morale, out of control union politics, a protracted contract fight, and a 10-15 year upgrade when there are lots of jobs starting to open up across the industry.

Serious questions.

Latest resources

Back