• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Serious answer is a lot of us are still un/underemployed. I work with guys that tell me daily what a dumb move it was going to Netjets and they they saw this coming from day one. No kidding. Many of us can't get an interview due to having Netjets on our resume, as they are sure we will return OR they hate netjets for trying to take over 91 departments. A lot of good ole boy BS still exists out there and we don't have a chance. Many are getting better jobs, many are not.

I, for one, want my 401k matching and a choice to return or not.

Two questions.

How do you know for sure until recalls at NJ begin? It's quite possible that the "workaround" can't be implemented until recalls start.

Why on earth would you want to come back? I still don't get why a junior guy (or girl) would come back staring at crappy morale, out of control union politics, a protracted contract fight, and a 10-15 year upgrade when there are lots of jobs starting to open up across the industry.

Serious questions.

Probably because one just can't snap their fingers and be picked up by a Fortune 100 department or a legacy, and that NJA is a much better deal than their current situation. Seriously, are you that out of touch with the industry that you can't answer your own question?

Serious answer is a lot of us are still un/underemployed. I work with guys that tell me daily what a dumb move it was going to Netjets and they they saw this coming from day one. No kidding. Many of us can't get an interview due to having Netjets on our resume, as they are sure we will return OR they hate netjets for trying to take over 91 departments. A lot of good ole boy BS still exists out there and we don't have a chance. Many are getting better jobs, many are not.

Sorry to hear you are caught up in something that the vast majority of NJ pilots have nothing to do with, except have to live with the consequences of the reputation that has been perpetuated by a few bad apples.

The twerps that spout off about how great they are, and how they walk on water and deserve to be paid above market compensation, only contribute to the resentment that is shared by non-NJ pilots, flight departments, and employers. People do read what is posted and draw their own conclusions from what a few nuts say. Not right, but true.

Again, not fair to the many great people that have worked at NJ, but we would normally place a NJ resume at the bottom of the pile because you simply didn't know what you were hiring...a nutty union fanatic or a basket ego case. Wasn't worth the risk.

Why on earth would you want to come back?

My answer is same as XCorporate's:

If called right now, I wouldn't return (since I was at very bottom of list..it'll be a while anyway). I probably wouldn't go back unless my current airline sh*ts the bed. I, and my fellow affected furloughees, want our recall/seniority status restored primarily out of principle & to have "backup" options. Like XCorporate said, though, many of these guys had to settle for working at a real sh*thole operation to keep a roof over their head and NJA -even in its present state- is still a better alternative. I know a few who are in this situation.

Two questions.

How do you know for sure until recalls at NJ begin? It's quite possible that the "workaround" can't be implemented until recalls start.

Why on earth would you want to come back? I still don't get why a junior guy (or girl) would come back staring at crappy morale, out of control union politics, a protracted contract fight, and a 10-15 year upgrade when there are lots of jobs starting to open up across the industry.

Serious questions.[/QUOTE
All those extended days have clouded your judgment. You tear into the union any chance you get for being out of touch, yet from your G perch you ask a ridiculous question like that. A dose of reality might do you some good.

Av8, I think you're probably the one out of touch.

I don't extend.

The union IS a mess.

And neither question is "ridiculous." Especially the first question which nobody has seen fit to answer yet. How do you KNOW the "resignation" is final until recalls start?

Meanwhile, I get there are furloughed guys that want the option. I get that some are still un or underemployed and it's the best option available for them. But the resentment, anger and bitterness toward the company, the union, and fellow pilots by many of the furloughed on this board make a desire to return puzzling to me.

If you feel it's your only "out," by all means, come on back. It would mean things are getting better and the company's leverage has diminished. But forewarned is forearmed.

Last edited:
Gut, since you're so bitter about the union and company, why are you still there? Or does your argument only apply to other people?

Oh, this question goes to the other 98.5% of NJA pilots who have not left in the last year.

Gut, since you're so bitter about the union and company, why are you still there? Or does your argument only apply to other people?

Oh, this question goes to the other 98.5% of NJA pilots who have not left in the last year.

Internet Asberger's strikes again....

It's a serious question. Why bag on those who would like to return, when you are happy enough to not leave? Or is the exposure of your double-standard enough for you to not want to answer?

The company holding my 401K hostage is another reason in coming back. I want my money.....

Latest resources

Back