• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
During the last picketing event the union advised us not to wear the NJA uniform.

What's the deal with the recent union admin events? We're getting none of the story through our available channels.

You guys really need to get off your high horse in the little Gulfstream world. Like it or not you're all part of the union and must work under the CBA. A CBA that has reached its amendable date and if you expect to get a new CBA with improvements, protections and a decent QOL on the road then I suggest getting involved with the union and help. If you're happy then step aside and stay out of our way. You can just thank me later for doing the heavy lifting and saving your back. I do have to ask are you one of those guys that thinks we're adequately compensated, Netjets is the greatest job and if we get a raise the company will fold?

Very fair questions, Kidd. Yes, I think we are fairly compensated, although the long term captains and FOs should get yearly inflation adjustments. NetJets is one of the greatest jobs, in my opinion. (I am aware that the GV is a very good place to be, and that the smaller planes' pilots work a lot harder).And I have had 23 jobs, and this is the best of them all. If we get a significant raise, I am worried we will not be able to compete with our competitors who pay their pilots a lot less. I want to make a boatload of money, but not if it costs us our jobs. On this last point, I would be happy to be wrong. :) By the way, I just fly and am not active in the company or the union, so negotiate away, I will indeed watch from the sidelines.

G4,

Fair enough but remember for many many years Netjets was subsudized bu the dirt low wages of its pilot group. The thing that saddens me is your apathy. No matter which side of the fence you sit on you have to make known your thoughts. The true point is Netjets or youself should feel threatened by the competition. Do you see AA worried about Spirit? The answer is no. Netjets offers way more than any of its competitors. I do not believe that a contract with significant improvements including pay raises is going to put the company broke. If that is the case then their business model is flawed and they need to close the doors. The clients can afford us but it is up to The EMT to provide us with the tools to deliver the service. Netjets is not cheap charter, we are supposed to be the premier fractional service provider in the world. The service we are supposed to provide is highly personalized and that costs money. Part of that cost is paying us a true professional wage. Once again if they can't afford it, shut it down, I'll go elsewhere or do something else because in all honesty this ain't your old Netjets!

Very fair questions, Kidd. Yes, I think we are fairly compensated, although the long term captains and FOs should get yearly inflation adjustments. NetJets is one of the greatest jobs, in my opinion. (I am aware that the GV is a very good place to be, and that the smaller planes' pilots work a lot harder).And I have had 23 jobs, and this is the best of them all. If we get a significant raise, I am worried we will not be able to compete with our competitors who pay their pilots a lot less. I want to make a boatload of money, but not if it costs us our jobs. On this last point, I would be happy to be wrong. :) By the way, I just fly and am not active in the company or the union, so negotiate away, I will indeed watch from the sidelines.

amazing that your brain can generate enough electricity to move the controls.....this is 2014.....try to catch up please.

if nj management ran the business properly.....there would be no competition. you think Ferrari cares about what ford is building?

G4,

Fair enough but remember for many many years Netjets was subsudized bu the dirt low wages of its pilot group. The thing that saddens me is your apathy. No matter which side of the fence you sit on you have to make known your thoughts. The true point is Netjets or youself should feel threatened by the competition. Do you see AA worried about Spirit? The answer is no. Netjets offers way more than any of its competitors. I do not believe that a contract with significant improvements including pay raises is going to put the company broke. If that is the case then their business model is flawed and they need to close the doors. The clients can afford us but it is up to The EMT to provide us with the tools to deliver the service. Netjets is not cheap charter, we are supposed to be the premier fractional service provider in the world. The service we are supposed to provide is highly personalized and that costs money. Part of that cost is paying us a true professional wage. Once again if they can't afford it, shut it down, I'll go elsewhere or do something else because in all honesty this ain't your old Netjets!

What, exactly, does Netjets offer that the competition does not?

NJA Owner, care to chime in, Sir?

Wow, that's some real scary shizzle right there.

Fairly compensated? Who are you comparing yourself with? You my friend are a professional pilot with an ATP. You have a lifetime of experience. $250K minima for 7/7 in your fleet.

I am glad that this is the best job you ever had. It can be much better. Don't be so easily satisfied. Think big. Remember when FEDEX was flying Falcons?
As a group they are now easily the highest paid pilots in the U.S. Think big!

The company worries about the company, we aren't running this zoo. They have invested billions in new planes. They aren't going to shut it down. Planes cost what they cost, gas costs what it costs, pilots with an ATP are very expensive these days. We also have a price.

If past experience is any indicator, if we get a raise, the "competitors" will follow. A rising tide raises all boats.

Pretty sad that you will sit on the sidelines. I view the duty summaries and notice a lot of the G' dudes taking extended days. Very sad while we are in section 6!

I sense the lack of a backbone in here...

Not a lack of a backbone, just a difference of opinion. I have had 11 flight departments close their doors, and I am acutely aware that companies don't inevitably continue forever. We don't operate in a vacuum. We compete against private flight departments, Flex/Flops, charter companies like Clay Lacy, potential fractional startups, XO Jet, and airlines' first class cabins. And we better make money, or the stockholders will take their investment dollars and go somewhere else. Uncle Warren dumping us would not be a good thing, I suspect.

amazing that your brain can generate enough electricity to move the controls.....this is 2014.....try to catch up please.

if nj management ran the business properly.....there would be no competition. you think Ferrari cares about what ford is building?

Ferrari is a small company. almost a boutique business, catering to a very small market. We don't want that for NJA, surely. Most of us would be unemployed.

Wow, that's some real scary shizzle right there.

Fairly compensated? Who are you comparing yourself with? You my friend are a professional pilot with an ATP. You have a lifetime of experience. $250K minima for 7/7 in your fleet.

I am glad that this is the best job you ever had. It can be much better. Don't be so easily satisfied. Think big. Remember when FEDEX was flying Falcons?
As a group they are now easily the highest paid pilots in the U.S. Think big!

The company worries about the company, we aren't running this zoo. They have invested billions in new planes. They aren't going to shut it down. Planes cost what they cost, gas costs what it costs, pilots with an ATP are very expensive these days. We also have a price.

If past experience is any indicator, if we get a raise, the "competitors" will follow. A rising tide raises all boats.

Pretty sad that you will sit on the sidelines. I view the duty summaries and notice a lot of the G' dudes taking extended days. Very sad while we are in section 6!

I believe if we get a significant raise, we will shrink 30 percent at least, especially with Obamacare's inflation of labor costs. Doesn't mean I am stupid or craven, just my opinion as someone with a certain level of knowledge of business and economics. I hope I am wrong.

Latest resources

Back