NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Njaowner,

Just asking has the market changed to a point that I should take a 5% pay cut over the next few years?

Would you and others be willing to help us help you buy supporting the pilots.

The owners and the pilots are the life of Nja and when both are happy the company does better.

Where did I miss this 1% pay cut talk?

Where did I miss this 1% pay cut talk?

The company outlined their "4 Goals" for negotiations in a newsletter sent to the pilots.

Their "wish list" was so outrageously absurd I have legitimate concerns about the mental stability of the company negotiators...

Last edited:
Back when there wasn't such a thing as fractional combined with the massive banking industry rise in the early 2000s, nj thrived. Now, dozens of fractionals and charter companies are providing the same service for a "fractional" (pun intended) of the cost. Look at what Kenny d, jet suite, flops, flex, etc are doing in a crappier economy. Costs are getting squeezed.

The company outlined their "4 Goals" for negotiations in a newsletter sent to the pilots.

Their "wish list" was so outrageously absurd I have legitimate concerns about the mental stability of the company negotiators...

Hmmm sounds like they are attempting to set the baseline way low, it'll make a 3% gain look awesome...

When in reality the only reason NJA is still around is the pilots hard work.... So 10% should be the very least

Hmmm sounds like they are attempting to set the baseline way low, it'll make a 3% gain look awesome...

When in reality the only reason NJA is still around is the pilots hard work.... So 10% should be the very least

Very true... Ops is terribly understaffed these days and we've been carrying a much heavier workload as a result.

Pilots are "burning-out" at a much faster rate than historical norms so fatigue and sick calls are understandably higher.

As far as compensation goes, the 10% you mentioned wouldn't even cover inflationary losses from our last contract. Just to get us back to 2007 wages, that number is closer to 20%.

On top of that, just to achieve parity with our peers who possess similar training, experience and qualifications (who by the way never approach the daily workload we do) you would have to add another 30% to that number.

Yes, I agree they were trying to set the bar low... However, I don't believe they intend to bargain in good faith because that bar isn't anywhere near the ballpark -- in fact, it's not even on the same planet.

Last edited:
When in reality the only reason NJA is still around is the pilots hard work
So customers finding value in the product has nothing to do with NJ success?

Agreed. The way I read it is that 1% isn't just a paycut, but overall lowering of labor cost. The savings could be realized in places other than a paycut (think insurance, vacation, etc). No thank you.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back