• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah why would anyone think that? if there was a forced recalled (vs. a voluntary one), wouldn't it happen because demand exceeds supply 11 times in one quarter? that means flying is up and we need more pilots and more aircraft. unless those 11 days were a fluke and high demand isn't sticking around, I would think it's silly to furlough again when we're busy and staying busy.

You think they will kick us right back out. How would it look?

I don't think the execs care how it will look. NJ employee relations are night and day comparing pre and post recession.

Even though NJ is profitable and is now GROWING they refuse to recall and would rather spend hundreds of thousands of dollars a day selling off countless trips or create delays bc there are not enough crews to fly the planes to handle demand.

Oh and since it's contract time, they are telling NJ pilots they are not needed and that they want a reduction in their pay and benefits or NJ is doomed. And if NJ pilots refuse, they are threatened with more furloughs and and cancelled aircraft orders.

So long story short, they don't care if they call you back and then furlough you. It would actually prove the point that you are expendable.

Stand strong is all I can say. The offer they gave so far 1% a year..... Is a crap covered d!ck they can suck. I want to be back but they have more employees now than in 07 and we are the problem? I hope Njasap is reading this a knows that all of us in the cold will say there rather than come back to less.

Play your games Nja management, I will burn it down and chain the door rather than take less.

10-250
Stand strong

Stand strong is all I can say. The offer they gave so far 1% a year..... Is a crap covered d!ck they can suck. I want to be back but they have more employees now than in 07 and we are the problem? I hope Njasap is reading this a knows that all of us in the cold will say there rather than come back to less.

Play your games Nja management, I will burn it down and chain the door rather than take less.

10-250
Stand strong

Just to be clear...that's a pay CUT of 1% a year for 5 yrs, among other bad things they"offered".
My favorite part is how they called these things"mutual goals", I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

10-250
Stand strong

Don't the owner contracts include yearly CPI increases on management fees which are supposed to capture pilot pay raises? Then again, it's hard to increase raises when every other frax pays their pilots a fraction of what Nj pilots make.

it's hard to increase raises when every other frax pays their pilots a fraction of what Nj pilots make.

not really, all the other fractionals aren't netjets. someone else commented about ferrari. A ferrari and a ford fusion both do exactly the same thing.

The ferrari is a little bit more expensive though.

After what avantair did, it seems they were 30% too cheap not netjets being 30% more expensive.

A ferrari and a ford fusion both do exactly the same thing.

And there is a reason most people (even rich people) do not use a Ferrari for their daily driving needs such as driving to work or when they absolutely, positively have to be there. Just because it is an expensive car does not make it the most suitable vehicle for most needs.

Also, don't forget 2007 was a loooong time ago. Not only was the economy and tax situation different, but NJA had a commanding market share of existing owners and of new fractional owners. Since the market for "fractional" air has changed.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back