• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SWA record at 380+ trips a month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll take my 'Merican speaking controllers any day.

I hate to piss in your wheaties, but the peeps in Eurocontrol and Frankfurt speak better english than Wash center and Atlanta

I got into this business to NOT work that hard. If that floats you boat....go for it, but don't lose sight of the big picture. And please don't hit me because you are to tired to be safe!!

KP and -9,

You need to re-read the post you quoted from Lost (Post number 11). Not picking up POT will just lead to more JA. You think the company cares what they need to do to keep the schedule they published? Please.

Yes, I usually tell the deer that I'm dropping that I'm saving it by killing it.

I remember guys like you at the other airline whose name thou shall not mention. Captains sitting in the right seat helping the company (and themselves) out while guys were on the street. Same logic, same rationale.

Anyway, I'm cool with what we have and I hope you are too since SWAPA aka Gary Kelly is still trying to convince us that codeshares and lack of scope is the greatest thing since Wild Turkey.

Dropping a deer? Wow. You do understand how JA works, right?

You think the company would just sh*t can hundreds of flights if nobody picked up open time?

No, it would go like this.
JA pilot
% of pilots call in fatigued
JA second pilot
Second pilot flies, or calls in fatigued
Scheduling runs out of pilots
Flight cancelled
PAX fed and hotel'ed at company cost
Nary a seat to be found to accommodate pax because of high loads
Rinse and repeat till company can't take the heat and they hire more pilots

Dropping a deer? Wow. You do understand how JA works, right?

You think the company would just sh*t can hundreds of flights if nobody picked up open time?

I think the company has absolutely zero motivation to give us a contract. I will let you turn the wheels in your head as to why. The only issue I believe we have leverage on is scope and codeshare which can probably be easily wiped away with some accommodating SWAPA reps and members via a side letter.

Last edited:
150 hours in a month, hell I barely get 300 hours a year. Glad I'm flying corporate and to think, an airline career flying a 747 international was my one time dream.

Couldn't care less now. No unions, no disgruntled pilots, tons of time off, great pay.

Hopefully the job stays around for another 13 years until I can check out permanently and for the last time.

I remember when airline pilots considered a credit cap to be a necessity in a major airline contract. Sad how things have changed. Enjoy your sh!tty schedules.

I remember when airline pilots considered a credit cap to be a necessity in a major airline contract. Sad how things have changed. Enjoy your sh!tty schedules.

I'm pretty happy with my Tue-Thursday schedule. Happy enough to bypass upgrade until I can hold a line. I'm making about $1500./month less than the Tran but enjoying my easy schedule. Occasionally, I'll pick up a premium trip if it starts with a DH to my commuting city, especially 2 day trips where Day 1 is a DH to overnight in my commuting city. :D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back